꧁Chapter 15꧂

Playing: Mozart- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

Time flew by swiftly, things were at their best for everyone as they made quite a progress with each other especially Catherine and Kai who have grown closer to each other. Kai told her of his plans to reclaim what was once theirs and Catherine thought that it was utterly ingenious and that it was splendid how Kai came up with this. She'd never settle for any man other than Kai. He set her standards too high and not once did someone made her feel this way other than him.

It was a usual morning stroll at the Royal Garden for Princess Catherine except the fact that she was with Kai. She was heading to a part of the Garden she loved going to. Pavona's cage.

Her Peacock although taken care of the servants, still prefers Catherine's supervision. She's his owner after all and he enjoys her company more than anyone at this time. As she saunters towards his cage closer with Kai trailing behind her, Pavona squawked at the sight considering that it has been quite some time since Catherine last paid her visit given her pretty tight schedule with everything that's happening. They are to attend a Royal Picnic later by the lake and while the servants are setting up the venue, she decided to spend some quality time with Pavona and her lover.

As soon as she unbolted the cage, Pavona flew out of it and settled on one of the branches of a tree. He flapped his wings repeatedly as if to serve as a warm up since it has been dormant for quite some time given the fact that he was somewhat set aside to focus on more important matters for the queendom.

"Hey, get down there Pavona! Won't you greet me?" Catherine yelled at Pavona since it was quite a height he settled on. She fake pouted and crossed her arms playfully. Kai found this utterly adorable and smiled as he stared at her admiringly.

"Shouldn't you be calling him with some sort of a distinct call? I suppose you came up with one, am I right?" Kai queried to her, halting her tantrum over Pavona's stubbornness.

"Oh you're right! It sort of slipped off my mind given the influx of information I had to take in these past few weeks." She chuckled. Soon after, she whistled towards Pavona's direction who seemed to notice the call and darted his gaze towards the lass. He flapped his wings and flew towards her, settling on her right arm gently as to avoid scratching her delicate skin.

She reached for something on her clothed chest and Kai could've sworn he'd collapse then and there. He gasped and immediately looked away, beads of sweat dripping down his temples and blush creeping up on his face as he bit his lips over how flustered he was. Catherine took out a small cloth bag that stored Pavona's favorite snacks in it and reached her hand out to grab some. She dropped a number of pieces to the ground and Pavona was quick to get off of her arms and started pecking on the snacks.

Kai somehow felt like it's safe to dart his gaze back to the lass and he was proven right when he saw Catherine looking at Pavona with a grin on her face. It was the most beautiful sight he saw throughout his lifetime and he'd practically do anything to see it often and keep it from disappearing. She looked exceptionally dazzling under the morning sunlight with the sunlight illuminating her big doe brown orbs. He breathed out in satisfaction, her smile was indeed contagious.

After all these years, he finally gets to see her again. He endured all those years trying to not read the newspaper to not catch a glimpse of her knowing that it was too risky because she was basically always in the news and now that she is in his arms again, he wanted nothing but to keep her close to him until the end of time. It might sound selfish but given the burning flame of their love for each other, they'd do everything for the sake of it. After all, love outweighs everything.

He was awoken out of his reverie when Catherine snapped her fingers at him as she called for his attention noticing that he wasn't paying any heed over what she was saying.