Chapter 2

Jack POV

It was becoming night time and also alot of us where hungry but we didnt have anything to eat so we just had some water to keep us hydrated alright me and Peter will have the first shift I said as everyone nodded Peter agreed with me as we sat down on a fallen tree, I sighed heavily as Peter looks at me, Jack u ok? He asked concerned, ya it's just that there was so little vehicles that everyone couldn't escape and alot of our people had died to those things I explained as he nodded I see... well hopefully those who survived will find us because the more the better right? Peter asked me as I nodded, well we should keep watch till midnight then have Sarah and Tristan take over, peter said, ya alright I replied with a smile.

Jade POV

I was with my father when they brought back some survivors from the place we found then they where small, up to our hips some of them some where below the thigh but anyways my father walked up to then and examined them closely, uh what are they doing? I heard one of those creatures say to one of their own, my father stopped and looked at then I saw that he was looking straight foward not moving at all like a mountain as my father told them Alfred who brought them here to put them back, he bowed and took them back.

Jack POV (morning)

I looked to see if everyone was awake saw everyone awake with was good we all got into our vehicles except for brandon he slept in his Cyclops and we headed off even thou it was slow but we knew it was the best shot to not draw any attention.

(Hours later)

It's been several hours later as we where driving we could see that the terrain was changing to less muddy and at ankle deep water it soon changed it an ordinary forest, hey! Look theres one of our warthog up ahead! Said the driver of a warthog called out as he sped up same with all of us but what we find was terrifying as soon as we stopped and got out there was 1 warthog, and a squad of 6 but there was limbs everywhere of 2 of the soldiers, blood smeared everywhere I felt like I was going to puke but I held it down instead I ordered the 2 that hoped in the razorback to take the other warthog, they did as they where ordered and we all got back in our vehicles, who or what could've done this spartan? Brandon asked as he looked at the ground, I don't know but we should head back to base to see if we are able to take it back easily or go down with a fight I said as Tristan sped off slow enough for Cyclops to keep up with us,

(Several hours later)

Several hours later we finally made it back to base and we see some of razorbacks at base and our troops their we had brandon go out which he was willing to, he slowly walked out of the forest and soon everyone began to turn and wave out at him as soon as brandon made it 16 feet to base we all came out of hiding and drove to base, I thought it was weird that who ever attack just left and didn't take over any of our belongings, what happened to u guys? I asked the soldiers who didn't get on a vehicle, well after u guys retreated we where completely blind because we couldn't see where they where so we threw over our weapons held our hands up saying we surrendered as soon as they came out we say furries, one explained and I stared at him, furries? I asked and he nodded same with everyone who couldn't escape, they then took us somewhere where an entire civilization lived of furries and showed us to someone then they examined us then ordered the person who took us here to put us back he explained, that weirdly strange, ya.. I replied, anyways let's just get this place back up and running again, I said Yes sir! Alltel soldiers replied as me and my team went into the base to connect to Epoch.

Henry POV

It's getting awfully quiet down their they told us to not send anything down because of something, I soon got a connection from base down their I picked up to see Jackson and his squad, I was so thankful they where alive because now I can keep my job as captain on this ship, Spartans it's so glad to see u again! I said as Jackson stared, sir can u send us down some vehicles Jackson asked, what type of vehicles? I asked, 10 more cyclops 3 scorpions and 2 more razorbacks sir Jackson asks, I ponder a moment before awnsering alright I'll send u some troops as well I'm guessing? I said as Jackson nodded, alright hanging up now I said, goodbye sir Jackson said as I hung up glad I get to keep my position.