Chapter 7: A Shockingly Cheeky friendship

Third Person's POV

After Eli and Gary's intense battle our heroes continued their journey to compete in the Kalos League. Now, our heroes are happily on their way to the Santalune City Gym.

"Man, that battle got me all railed up," Ash stated excitedly. "We know, for the thousand times that you said that." Eli sighs as Bonnie look at him, "Hey don't be like that! It was so awesome!"

"The way you two were able to handle the situation and use the connection you guys have with your Pokémon is amazing." Clemont agrees. "Eh, what can I say? I'm the best." Gary smirk as Eli rolls his eyes unimpressed 

"Says the guy who got himself to a tie?" Those words hit Gary hard as he turns to Eli who put his hands under his chin. "Hey! If anything, it would've been a tie!" Gary stated. Eli rolls his eyes again

"But even if it did. Sylveon would finished the job and got us the win." Eli concluded as Sylveon smiles.

"Sylveon!" the intertwining Pokémon cry happily.

"Hey Eli, can you take out Sora? You promised." Bonnie reminded as Eli nods as he pulls out a Poke ball

"Come on out Sora!" Eli brought out Sora the Togekiss as it stretch its wings "Kiss!"

"Hey, Sora, do you mind if I pet you?" Bonnie asks

"Toge." Sora nods as Bonnie petted her

Bonnie giggles as she was in awe of Sora.

"Taking care of Pokémon makes you happy, doesn't it?" Clemont asks. "Yup!" Bonnie replied.

"So Eli, are you gonna compete for the gym with the Pokémon you have now?" Ash turned to Eli who shook his head and responds. "I'm thinking about just keeping Sylveon and Gardevoir." Eli replies as the other two Kanto boys were confused.

"Why only those two?" Gary questioned. 

Eli responds "It's because those two love to battle more than the rest of my Pokémon. Now they do enjoy battling, but I can tell that they want to take a break from battling. But both Sylveon and Gardevoir just love the thrill so when I decided to come here, they were the most excited."

"Huh?" The three boys turn to see a Dedenne holding a piece of Pokémon food that Bonnie was giving Pikachu, Sylveon, and Umbreon. Dedenne looked thrilled as they eat the food.

"Hang on, is that the same Dedenne from before?" Eli questioned. "Yeah. The one who ran away." Bonnie's eyes widen as it was the same Pokémon.

"It must've been following us this whole time!" Ash guessed as Pikachu agrees, "Pika Pika!"

Bonnie gasps as she turns to her brother. "Come on, Clemont, catch it, please?"

"Alright." Clemont was about to catch it when Dedenne started to run away. "Come back!" Bonnie run towards Dedenne until their path got blocked. "Fletchling, come on out and follow Dedenne!"

Ash brought out Fletchling as they try to follow it. "Okay, Sora return." Eli returned Sora as they climb up to find Dedenne

"Dedenne, wait!" Bonnie yells as they run where Fletchling is flying. Fletchling landed on a branch as they look around, making them stop their movement. "Did you lose it, Fletchling?"

"Huh?!" Bonnie suddenly tripled as she hit her head on the ground. "Bonnie!" They go to Bonnie who looks up to see Dedenne being in front of her.

"There you are!" Bonnie tries to catch it, but it went into the hole. "Huh, hey!" Dedenne appeared again as Bonnie failed to catch it

Eli was watching all of it as he furrows his brows. "Bunnelby, get Dedenne out of the hole!" Clemont sends out his Pokémon Bunnelby.

 "Bunnelby, get Dedenne out of the hole!" Clemont sends out his Pokémon Bunnelby