Chapter 10: Giving Chase at Rhyhorn Racing

Third Person POV

Setting their sights on entering the Kalos League Ash and Eli challenged and successfully defeated Viola and Anthony, the Santalune City Gym Leaders, and earned their first badge in the Kalos region!

"So, Serena where are you headed off to from here?" Bonnie asked as she was running with her.

"Uh, me?" Serena slowly stops running, "Well, I, uh, I-"

"Why don't you come along with us?" Bonnie suggested, "It'll be fun!"

"Yeah." Clemont agreed as he catches up to them, "Sounds like an excellent idea to me. You did also help Ash with his strategy against Viola."

"If you come with us, then you could help him out even more!" Bonnie stated with excitement.

"Hm." Serena thought about it before smiling, "Sure. How can I say no to all that?"

"Alright!" Bonnie cheers. "Yeah, that's the spirit!" Clemont nodded as he was also excited.

Bonnie suddenly gasps as she quickly grabs Serena's hand, "Come on! We have to catch up to them! Clemont step on it!"

Clemont was panting as he tries to catch up, "I'm doing my best."

-Time Skip-

All of them were back together as Ash, Gary, and Eli realized that they were a bit far ahead of the others. Serena showed them a map as she pointed out that they have to go through Lumiose City again, to go to the next Gym.

"Long as we're going to Lumiose City I'd like to take a shot at a Lumiose Gym battle." Ash stated as Pikachu was eager, "Pikachu."

"There's a gym there?" Eli turned to Ash as Sylveon was also curious, "Sylveon."

"Yeah, but when we told them that we have zero badges, they kicked us out," Ash explains as Eli thought about it. "Maybe it's because you didn't have the right number of badges to challenge them."

"Well, it's probably a good idea to keep in mind that you guys haven't been in the Kalos region long." Clemont commented, "I've got an idea. Why don't you guys utilize this time to catch another Kalos Pokémon?"

"Yeah, that's a great point." Ash agreed.

"In that case, see ya." Eli walks off as Gary does the same. "Huh?" Ash, Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont turn to them. "Where are you guys going?" Serena asks.

"We're gonna do what Clemont suggested." Eli answered as Gary stepped up, "Since we haven't been in this region for so long, why not take this time to explore since we're going to be heading to the next gym.

"Promise me if you two catch a cute Pokémon you'll let me take care of it?" Bonnie asks as Eli nods, "We promise."

"Yipe yeah!" Bonnie cheers as Gary and Eli explore a bit.

"So why are you exploring as well?" Eli turned to Gary as he was confused since he isn't competing in anything.

"It's because of what Anthony said about Vivillon," Gary answers as Eli remembers what he was talking about.

-Flash back-

"Wait, this looks different than what she has." Eli notices that the wings are different than the one Aria had when she was in Sinnoh.

"That's because Vivillon has 18 different forms," Anthony explains as it caught Gary's attention.

"So it has many forms..." Gary mumbles before he now knows what to look for in his research.