Chapter 30: A battle by any other name

Third Person's POV

Our heroes were on the road to Shalour City, and they decided to make a short stop by giving Bonnie some trainer tips even though she isn't sure of what kind of trainer she wishes to be, but Eli advise her to take her time and since she's still young she still has time of the world to figure out.

Meanwhile Serena walks up to her Fennekin with her basket in hand "Here we are! They're ready, Fennekin" Serena says as she places the basket Infront of her she then opens it as Fennekin smiles at what's inside the basket.

Gary then walks up "wow, those seem delicious, Serena" he complimented the Honey blonde.

Serena smiles "thanks! These are traditional Pokémon sweet treats, they're called Poké Puffs" she says showing the sweet that she brought.

"Poké Puffs huh?" Gary repeats before taking notes on his note pad.

"Why are you taking note for?" Serena then asked.

"Oh, is something that I normally do when I travel through a Region I haven't been before, I did that with Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova, Not Kanto and Johto because I basically grew up there" he explains.

"Umbre" Umbreon 

"Do you want one, Umbreon?" Serena asked the Moon Pokémon Umbreon hops on the bench and sits next to Fennekin "here you go!" Serena then hands them two Poke puffs Umbreon and Fennekin take a bite of the Poké Puffs and they cry happily.

Ash then walks up "People can eat it too, right?" Ash asks before picking up a Poke Puff and takes a bite of it before he freezes.

"Oh no not again" Serena then hears Eli mutter.

Serene then looks at the blue hair male "what do you mean again?" She questions.

"This reaction is something that you shouldn't be worried about, Serena; when Ash tastes something delicious for the first time, he stays silent for a few seconds, and he'll go back to his senses in three...two...one" Eli explains while pointing handguns at Ash.

"They're great! That's the yummiest thing I've ever eaten in my life other than Eli's sweets!" Ash states.

Serena sighs "Please don't scare me like that" Serena tells Ash.

"Yeah, Ash I appreciate that you also like my sweet, but keep your overreaction to the food to a minimum; you almost give poor Serena a heart attack, and she's not in her twenties, yet" Eli tells Ash making the Honey blonde sweat drop at that comment.

'Thank you I guess' she thought.

Dedenne seems to want to have a Poké Puff Bonnie looks at Ash "Can Dedenne please have one?" Bonnie ask.

Eli Pick up a Poké Puff and goes to Bonnie and crouches to Dedenne "here you Go Dedenne" Eli tells the electric and Fairy type Pokémon.

Before Dedenne can get its paws on the Poké Puff it gets levitated and flies off pass the bushes and sees a white and pink Pokémon grabbing the Poké Puff and eats it and enjoys it.

Following Ash and Eli's second Kalos Gym battle win in Cyllage City our heroes are enjoying Serena's fresh baked Poké Puffs; now, they seem to have company.

the Pokémon's eyes light up in blue light and the Poke Puff flew out of Ash's hand and lands on the Pokémon and eats it happily much for Ash's disappointment as he pulls out his Pokédex.

"Slurpuff, The Meringue Pokémon; Slurpuff's keen sense of smell is especially sensitive much more than people."