20| I Am Lana

"Lana, Darling... I am so sorry to wake you...", he said, trying to get her attention.

"Then don't.", she said wincing, not ready to actually open her eyes and face him.

"But I think you really need to drink something. And maybe eat some soup. I still have some leftovers from Amélie.", Sean said, still stroking her hair. He didn't like how she was looking, she might be even worse than Amé.

Lana didn't say another word, just sat up with a moan full of pain before resting her head against Sean's Chest. There wasn't really any difference between her and his daughter's behavior right now. That's why he gladly welcomed her in his arms before carrying her downstairs.

"Let me down.", Lana protested once but didn't really have the strength to actually mean what she was saying and Sean knew it. He placed her down on the sofa with another blanket to keep Lana warm. She literally looked like a small child, wrapped up like a burrito and ready to burst into tears, but Sean didn't have any mercy.

"I am sorry, darling but you need to eat and drink. What did you have for lunch today? Did it upset your stomach?", he asked curiously, to help him think about what exactly he could give her.

"I skipped lunch. Wasn't hungry.", Lana mumbled before reaching for the remote. Sean just looked at her strictly, not liking that she didn't have any food at all. Well, except for that one banana this morning. He sighed deeply before making his way to the kitchen, leaving her behind on the sofa. Sean didn't want to say it to her, but she looked extremely awful right now, so he decided to go with the chicken soup he had. Sean poured some of it into a bowl along with some dry bread for her to nibble.

"There you go.", he said when he returned to the Living room, placing the bowl of soup in her hands. "The tea still has to steep a little, but should be fine in a minute.", Sean assured her before watching her closely. The sparkle had left her eyes, instead, she looked tired and exhausted, whilst her body crumbled up, to relieve some of the pain.

"You should go to a doctor tomorrow...", Sean said, feeling her forehead again. "And we have to measure your temperature. You are quite hot...", Sean said not realizing that it could have been taken the wrong way.

"I am always hot, Maguire.", she joked, giving him a small grin of hers that was almost as mischievous as his own.

"I never told you otherwise.", Sean chuckled, seeing how red her cheeks immediately turned. "But seriously... I think your temperature has risen and you look sweaty.", He said with a worried look.

"I am going, if I feel worse. Alright? Otherwise, I will just sleep it off.", Lana assured him, whilst taking small sips from her soup.

"You know that I won't let you leave until you're feeling better.", Sean said grinning, taking the remote from her to start Netflix.

Lana just rolled her eyes playfully about his comment, before turning her gaze back to the TV. When Sean was going through some of the series his thoughts wandered back to the offer he got from ABC earlier. Surly Lana had gotten the same mail as him but he wasn't sure if he should tell her or let her figure it out herself. In the end, he decided not to say anything, looking for what they could watch.

"Don't forget to drink your tea. It should be fine by now.", he said before finally picking out a movie with Lana's approval. They both actually didn't make it to the end and fell asleep on the couch in just a matter of time. It was Lana, who suddenly woke up with the urge to run to the bathroom, and that's what she did. Fortunately, she was fast enough before her body decided to get rid of the soup she had earlier. Her sudden movement woke Sean in an instant, making him run behind her. He put her hair into a ponytail just seconds later, rubbing Lanas lower back.