21| Drop The Act

When she actually got to face Seans parents, Lana decided to kind of keep her distance a bit. 

"Ehm… hello… Nice to meet you. I am Lana. ", she said blushing slightly. "I am sorry, I don't wanna pass on my germs, so I thought I would insist on giving you my hand.", Lana said, apologizing and also certainly shyly. 

Sean was quite wondering about her behavior. She cannot be nervous, can she? He had to chuckle when he saw the woman playing with her fingers, which assured his assumption that she certainly was. 

"Naw. That's so sweet of you, darling.", Kathleen said, giving Lana an honest smile. "I am so glad to finally meet you in person. I have to admit that I admire your acting skills. We didn't watch the whole show with you and Sean, to be honest, but you were still outstanding.", his mother commented with such warmth and joy in her voice that all the fear and nervousness of Lana vanished immediately. 

"Well… eh… thank you. I have to give a shout-out to the whole crew, to be fair. They made it very easy to play along.", she grinned sweetly. 

"That's what Sean was telling us. It truly is nice to be able to work with your friends. In addition to that, we wanted to thank you. You just have been an incredible friend and… well… I was feeling so much better at home knowing that someone was looking after my son and family.", she said and hugged Lana tightly. 

"I don't care if I am getting your germs. I wanna thank you properly.", she laughed in her handsome british way before she pulled back. 

"No worries. I really enjoy being here...it's a blast. Every time I am able to come and even stay some times…", Lana said grinning. "I really love them all to bits."

"Oh I can tell.", Sean's father said, since Amélie was desperately trying to reach for Lana, which made her laugh a little. 

"Yeah the little one and I have been a little cranky I guess. Makes us a bit more clingy. I think that's what we have in common.", Lana said before taking Amé, who snuggled up against her chest immediately. 

"By the way… my God, where are our manners? I am Kathleen, but Kath is totally fine.", she introduced herself motherly before pointing at her husband. "And that's Michael, Sean's father.", she finished. 

"Nice to meet you.", Lana said again, trying to think of a topic that wouldn't be too awkward to start with. "Don't you have a dancing school back in the UK? Who is ruling it when you're here?"

"Oh yes… well… all of our children are into dancing. Except for Sean actually. We are running the school with three of Sean's siblings, who are in charge right now. Ellie actually is quite a fan of yours. She even asked for some autograph that Sean never got her.", Kathleen laughed. 

"Why didn't you tell me?? It's your sister!", Lana asked, turning to Sean. 

"It's weird?!? I cannot just ask my friend for an autograph.", he laughed. 

"Oh come on, Maguire. You asked for weirder stuff before.", Lana said, before releasing what she actually just said. "Not… not in an inappropriate way.", she added fast, blushing when her eyes met Kathleen's again. What a great way to start a conversation.

"Nobody thought otherwise.", Michael assured her knowingly, grinning. There was something about him that made Lana feel at peace. His smile was so honest and clear, that it reminded her of the one her father used to give her. He didn't look like him at all but Michael's generally soft and caring way caught Lana's attention straight away. It was like an aura that connected with her inner soul, calming her down in ways nobody could describe it; like a connection that was just generally there.