33| Let Fate Decide

"Mama", Amélie repeated, pressing a big wet kiss on Lana's nose whilst pointing at her. "Dada.", she said, shifting her hand to Sean. " LyInn, 'Eo", she continued, waving to her brothers, "Lala dog", Amélie giggling over to Lola and then she turned her head back to Lana. "Mama", she ended her explanation with a sweet grin. 

A peaceful smile searched its way up to Lana's mouth, whilst she was closing her eyes to treasure that moment like the important step it was. "I love you so much, Amélie.", she mumbled again the girl's ear, putting her hand protectively over her head. She knew that Amé was just repeating after the others and surely didn't understand the meaning fully but that was something that didn't matter right now at all, since she was cherishing the occasion like a memory she wouldn't want to forget ever. 

"That wasn't in the script…", Flynn said, frowning with a bit of confusion in his voice. 

"No… I am sorry.", Lana sniffed-giggled and inhaled deeply to put her thoughts aside since Flynn and Leo still didn't know about their fathers and her relationship. 

Sean on the other side just sat there in silence and watched the whole scene with a small tear in his eyes. He loved Lana more than anyone (except his kids) and he doesn't want anything more than being a real family with her but even though it did hurt. Deep down in his body, it hurt that Amélie's first 'mama' was not dedicated to Tanya. But he was sure that his wife was with them somehow and she would smile at them, knowing that Lana deserved to be called by such an important title. 

They managed to go through the scene the second time before practicing some new lines whilst Lana was making dinner. 

"Can I cut something too? I don't wanna act anymore", Flynn asked. He actually was quite interested in the cooking process and liked to help his Dad or Lana, even though he preferred the woman's cooking skills. 

"Yeah sure. Do you think you can chop some carrots for me? Or are they too hard?", She asked, whilst setting up a pot with potatoes to cook. 

"I can do them, I think. What are you even cooking?", Flynn asked, looking at all the other ingredients on the table. 

Lana pulled out a chopping board and a knife for him, putting it in front of Flynn who sat down on the table. "It's nothing special. Just mash potatoes with carrots and chicken. I am not sure about the sauce. I might need to make one because otherwise, it could be dry.", she answered. 

"Mommy always let me help stump the potatoes. Can I help you too?", he asked, whilst chopping the carrots and putting them into a bowl Lana had placed in front of him as well. 

"Yeah sure.", she grinned and was actually quite proud that Flynn was that interested in cooking. He is hopefully going to be a better cook than Sean when he grows up. Her boyfriend was talented in many ways but cooking wasn't one of them, despite that, he helped Lana almost every time chopping everything she needed and he did try to cook on his own once in a while.

They ate together in peace before Sean decided to give a bath to all of their children, whilst Lana was taking Lola out for another short walk. 

When she came back everyone was already in their pajamas, playing a board game in the living room. Even Amélie was sitting on Sean's lap and looked back and forth between the game and some toy she had in her hands. 

Lola joined them immediately, laying down next to Flynn on the floor whilst Lana came seconds behind her after pulling off her jacket. 

"You're playing? Looks nice.", she said and sat down next to Sean and Leo. 

"Do you wanna participate?", Sean chuckled but Lana shook her head slightly. 

"Next time. I would rather watch you today.", she smiled. "But I can take Amé if you need more space.", she offered and Sean nodded, passing his daughter to Lana, who placed the girl on her lap.