40| The Way I Found You

"You're really something else when it comes to Christmas.", Sean chuckled when she was joining him again, before taking her in his arms. He smiled dreamily down at her, locking his eyes with hers before giving Lana a sweet kiss. The woman softly closed her eyes, grinning within the kiss since the moment couldn't be any more perfect. 

Sean gently turned them to the couch before pulling her down with him, so she was sitting on his lap. He didn't take much time to kiss her before pulling Lana's hoodie, which was originally his own, over her head, tossing it to the end of the couch to give himself access to her torso. He could swear that her arms were trained, even though she didn't have much time for a proper workout in the last month. 

This time he didn't give her full control over him, holding on to her hands when she tried to pull up his own shirt. She made a frustrated sound, when Sean manifested her hands in his, not letting her explore his body. 

"Hey.", she chuckled after a while in a high-pitched voice, breaking the kiss to look at him. "It's not fair when I am the only one without a shirt.", she complained about a smirk. 

"Well what are you going to do about it?", he asked with a grin, still holding Lana's hands. 

"You know I could break your arm easily but there would be more casualties for me than for you, so I will hold myself back.", she laughed. "But I could still tie you to the bed", she added with a whisper in Sean's ear, who clearly had to take a deep breath because of that. 

"Gladly I know my ways to calm you down.", he chuckled with wide-open eyes. "Let's continue in the bedroom, shall we?", he grinned, picking her up bridal style. 

"You tend to carry me around. Did you ever notice?", She laughed but Sean just shrugged his shoulders, going upstairs with her. "Just love to hold you close.", he chuckled, before letting her down in front of the bed to Lana's surprise since they had been quite rough in the past days to make it interesting. 

But this time Sean put on some quiet music in the background, locking the door just in case before turning his gaze back to Lana. He chuckled slightly at her expecting expression, passing her to put on some fairy lights that he hung up in their room to create a beautifully warm atmosphere. The lights danced like little snowflakes at the ceiling, making Lana grin a little since she hasn't recognized them before. 

"It's beautiful…", she confessed, slightly turning in the room to have a look at everything before Sean softly held her by her waist to make her stop. 

"We still have an unfinished dance, don't you think?", he chuckled slightly, making Lana aware of what song was playing in the background.

She chuckled like a teenager with clearly visible red cheeks by now. "I think we finished our dance back then… but Colin interrupted our kissing", Lana laughed. "But I am more than convinced that we can recreate the dancing part.", she added, putting her arms around Sean's neck before placing her head on his cheek to listen to the soft heartbeat that calmed her down every time. 

They stayed like that for only a couple of seconds before their dance took a different turn since it was quite hard to resist kissing one another, especially since Lana was only left in a sports bra. But different than the other day, they took all the time they got. For Sean, it felt like exploring her body for the first time. He caressed every spot on her skin, eagerly looking at her reaction to everything he did to assess if she liked it or not. 

It was like a game played with the tips of their fingers, not rough, not even actually connecting with each other but still the most sensitive experience they ever had shared. 

They fell asleep around midnight after another, this time a bit faster adventure, hoping that the kids would at least sleep until seven. 

Unfortunately, Amélie woke up in the middle of the night, not screaming but slightly upset about being awake since a nightmare woke her. But instead of yelling for Sean and Lana, the 15-month-old decided to escape by herself, climbing over the bars of her bed. It wasn't safe at all but gladly she managed without falling over or hurting herself. She had never done that before and it certainly wasn't the best thing to try out around 3 am in the morning, but since nobody was awake, they didn't notice her head out.