26| I Love You

"Anyway…", Josh said to close up that topic. "My turn. Sean, I dare you to… take Lana out on a date.", he said quietly enough, so the girls and Jarad wouldn't hear it in the kitchen. 

"What, why??", Sean asked in disbelief, tensing up. 

"Just because it would be fun.", Josh grinned. "I could also dare you to kiss her, but I am not. So take her out on a date.", Josh responded. 

"I don't associate fun with going on a fake date with Lana. You shouldn't do something like that…", Sean said, trying to get another dare to swap. 

"Then see it as a real date.", Colin countered with a smirk. Of course, he could see through Sean like nobody else and there was definitely something going on in this house that had to do with a certain attractive actress. 

"Wha--?", Sean tried to ask but got cut off by Josh and Ginny, who were completely in sync as usual. 

"Like you don't want to!", they called out at the same time, which made Sean raise his arms defensively. 

"Alright, alright. I will ask her. Just not now. That would be too obvious.", Sean said and the others agreed with his argument.

"Bex? Truth or dare?", Sean asked and with that, the game continued. 

The whole party went on until midnight when Bex got picked up from her husband. After that, it was just a matter of time before everyone else left. Ginny and Helen only had a drink in the early hours of the party, so they were able to drive back home whilst Jared actually stayed in a hotel. 

It was around 1 am, when Sean and Lana had the house to themselves again. Both were quite tipsy, which made it way easier to start talking about a topic they both had in their heads for the whole evening. Their kiss. 

"Eh…", Sean began and looked a bit shy in her eyes, not really knowing where to start but then his dare from earlier came to his mind. "About… what happened between you and me… well… would you maybe do me the honor and let me take you out? Like… on a proper date?", Sean asked with a grin on his face. 

"A… date?", Lana frowned with a light smile on her face. "And when do you think should we do that? We're literally moving in one week and I am not sure if your friends are willing to take three kids that soon again…", Lana chuckled, not really answering the question with her words. 

"Well… that's… right.", Sean sighed and bit his lip because of how insecure he was. "What about now?", he said looking around the completely empty house. 

"Now? It's like 1 am in the morning…", Lana laughed but wasn't actually turned off by that idea. "But… I guess… that will be the only time for that. So… yes. I would go on a date with you.", Lana grinned before she got unexpectedly pulled into the living room. She couldn't help but laugh when Sean made some space on the carpet for them to sit, before pouring in some wine for the two of them. 

"It's like the picnic in Regina's office", Lana grinned and sat down next to Sean. "I really enjoyed that scene.", she added. 

"Yeah… me too… It really was breathtaking watching you doing the scene hundreds of times in different ways.", he chuckled, placing one hand on her knee. This gesture wasn't something new to them but yet it felt different. More intimate, closer, confident. 

Lana looked down at his hand, holding her breath for a brief second to sort her thoughts. It was hard to believe that this was happening right now and that It was happening so fast. Well, she knew that they fell for one another for quite a while now but nobody had actually made the first step yet. 

"Sean… I… I think we can skip the part with all the small talk…", Lana confessed, looking up to meet his eyes. "The woman on Set that you told me about. The one… you liked and the one you were in love with. You were talking about me, right? I am the woman from Set.", she asked with an insecure and quiet voice, whilst holding his gaze.