23 | つ﹏⊂

3rd Person | No One's P.O.V.

"...and that was the last time we saw her, or me anyways."

Raz and Jax had went to the Cobbler residence to try and find out more about Gilly's disappearance. From what was known, it seems she made the decision and it wasn't forced, physically. Mentally Gilly seems to be hurt. Badly.

"Okay, so what do we do next?" Mrs. Cobbler asks.

"We contact Pete, it's already been over 24 hours. I sent a letter last night, we'll be meeting him soon." Raz says, Jax hasn't said much over the discussion. Too upset, confused, tired? He spent all night tossing and turning, fearing the worst. Sure, she left, she wasn't taken. But that's all that's known, she could be hurt, or worse...

"What do you think Jax?" Mrs. Cobbler asks, snapping Jax out of his thoughts. He quickly looks up, all eyes are on him. "Y-yeah, good plan. We'll discuss what we know with Pete and we can call for a search party. But have we spoken to all of Gilly's friends yet?"

Mr. Cobbler shakes his head no, "I have some letters getting ready to be mailed, so we should hear back from them soon after."

Jax nods. Silence fills the room. "I'm going to set up shop, I still need to put food on the table, but I can ask any customers  if they've seen her. I'll get going." Mr. Cobbler says, getting up. He presses a quick kiss to his wife's cheek and walks out of the living room. 

Raz clears her throat, "Okay then, we should get going. Thank you again for this. Keep in touch, okay?"

Mrs. Cobbler nods, Raz and Jax leave the boot and hail a carriage.

One step closer, Jax thinks.