5-dog

*the next morning"
Elizabeth pov
I woke up and it was 7am. Last night we went to bed late so I didn't went to wake Evelyn up.

I walked into the kitchen and I made breakfast. I eat my breakfast and I sit on the couch to watch some news. Nothing special so I decide to watch a film. After a while I choose to watch 'Tik, Tik...boom'.

It was a good film, sad but good. Now it was 10am so I walked upstairs and I entered in Evelyn room. She was up, sitting on her bed drawing.

"Hey honey, how long have you been up?"
"4am. I think"
"What? Why?" We went to bed at 2am more or less.
"I can't sleep more than 2 hours"
"And why? If I may ask"
"I always had nightmares so I woke up and then I'm scared to turn back sleep so I prepare myself for the day"
"Oh, you could have wake me up so we could do something together"
"I didn't want to bother you"
"Stop saying that. You are not a bother and you never will" she smiled at me and she turn back drawing.

"What are you drawing?" I asked walking towards her and sitting next to her.
"A girl with a dog"

(Pretend it's a drawing not made with a pencil)

"It's really good, you like dogs"
"Yes, I have one" she said with a smile. Suddenly her face expression change.
"What? What happened?" I asked worried.
"Fuck, sorry. I left my dog with them"
"We can go to pick it up later, I'm sure your parents will look after it"
"No, can we go now? Pleaseeee. They hate him"
"Okay, let me dress and than we will go"

I went changing and in 10 minutes I was ready. I walked downstairs and Evelyn was waiting for me sitting on the couch.

"Ok, I'm ready, we can go" I said. She got up and we walked towards the car. We left and in 20 minutes we arrived.

Evelyn got out of the car and she walked to the door. She nocked and we waited. After some seconds a woman with long brown hair opened the door.

"Oh, Molly, you're home!"
"I'm Evelyn"
"Yeah, never mind, what do you want?"
"My dog"
"That beast cried for all night. I kicked him out"
"And where is he now?"
"I don't know, he run away, probably looking for you" she said and she closed the door.

Evelyn was crying. She took a few steps back until she hit me. She let her fall and I catch her. She turns around and she hugged me.

"Sweetheart we will find him. I promise"
"D-don't do promises you can't keep"
"I can keep it, I will never stop helping you to find him"
"Thanks Lizzie" she said.

We turned back home and she run in her room.  I let her go. I think she needs time.

*lunch time*
"Evelyn!" I shouted since she was still in her room.
"Lunch is ready!" I finished
"I'm not hungry!" She shouted back.
"You sure?"
"Yes"
I ate and then I walked upstairs, in Evelyn room.

"Hey, do you want to watch a movie with me?" She nodded.
"Ok, I'll wait for you downstairs" I said and I walked away.

Evelyn pov
After 2 minutes I walked downstairs.
"I'm here" I said sitting next to her. She opened her arms and I cuddle into her embrace. She make me feel safe. Loved. And it's something I've never felt.

"You ok?" She asked me with a sweet and calm voice. I nodded a little and she hugged me harder.

Elizabeth pov
"You can talk to me, sweetheart" she took a big breath and than she spoke.
"I'm scared. I'm scared that we won't find him. He's the only one that has always be by my side. When I was crying. When I was at my worst. When nobody loved me he was the only one who did. He helped me a lot with panic attacks, anxiety and social anxiety. And I know that you are thinking this girl is ridiculous, listen how she spoke about her dog. But he is my best friend. I have another best friend, Sacha, but it's different. I feel like he doesn't like me anymore. And now that he found a girlfriend he stopped going out with me because she didn't like me... I just want to find him" she sight at the end and now she was silently crying. She was even on the point to fell asleep. Even yesterday she fell asleep at this time.
"Ok, one. We will find him. Two. I don't think you are ridiculous, you love your dog and it's evident. Three. I loved you even if I didn't know where you were. Four. Fuck your best friend and his fucking girlfriend" she laughed at my last phrase. I love her laugh.
"Thank you Lizzie" she said with her tired voice. She will fall asleep in some seconds.
"For what sunshine?"
"For being my mom" she said and she fell asleep like I thought. A huge smile formed on my face. God I love this girl. And she's my girl.

————————————————————————
875 words

Dog's name suggestion???