13-bad day

LIZZIE POV

It's been 2 weeks since Evelyn is staying with me. Every day she comes with me at work and maybe it's a bit boring for her. I had the answer to there question yesterday.

We were going on set and she asked me when will I put her into a school. I answered that I forget about it and that today we would look for a school near the set since I will probably be a lot of time here.

In 20 minutes I have a brake and I agree with Eve to look for a school during my brake.

*20 minutes later*

I walked into my trailer where Eve should be and in fact there she is, laying on the bed and cuddling with Bucky.

"are you ready?" I asked and she stood up. We sit at the table and i place my computer in front of us. We looked for some school and we eventually found one. It was like 10/15 minutes walk from set. I sign her up and they told me that she could start from next week. It was now Thursday.

Then I restarted to work.

*3pm*

"Eve, I've finished with work. Do you want to go home or we can go somewhere else"

"home please" she answered tiredly.

"Are you ok?"

"yes, I'm just tired" I took her face in my arms and I looked straight into her eyes. She had puffy eyes.

"you are not ok. Tell me what's wrong?"

"nothing I've already told you that I'm ok" she replied taking my wrist and pulling my hands away from her face. She started walking away but I took her wrist.

"you are not going anywhere little miss. You are staying here and you re going to tell me what's wrong"

"no, I'm not"

"yes you are"

"and tell me, why should I?"

"cause I'm your mother"

"no, you are not. You've never been with me in 15 fucking years. I lived a fucking shitty life because of you. So don't tell that I have to do something because you ordered me to with the excuse that you are my mother. Cause you are not. No one is. I don't have one" she said and she walked away. I just stood there, watching her walking out of the room and shut the door. I didn't run after her, I was paralyzed. After some seconds I sat on the edge of the bed and I cried. I cried until I heard someone nocking at the door.

"Liz, can I come in?" I wiped away my tears and I answered.
"Yeah, come in" Scarlett and Chris entered into the room.
"Are you ok?" Scarlett asked worried. I don't know why but that question broke me. Maybe because I was not. I broke down crying, again.
"Nonono, hey, shh, its ok" Scarlett hugged me saying to me something like that. After some minutes I calmed a bit down.
"What happened?"
"I entered in the room and I saw that Eve was crying. I asked her what happened but she just said 'nothing'. It was evident that it wasn't ok so I tell her to tell me and when she asked why she should and I answered because I'm her mom she shouted at me that I wasn't. That I have never been there for her in her life and that her life is shitty because of me" I explained between sobs.
"Where is she now?" Chorus asked.
"I don't know. She run out and I couldn't go after her"
"Ok, I'm gonna look for her" he walked away.

Scarlett stayed with me for some minutes then Chris walked back in.
"emm... she isn't here, Robert saw her leaving 15 minutes ago" she left?
"What? And now what are we doing?" Scarlett asked. I couldn't spoke. I was worried and scared. My breath started going faster and faster.

"Lizzie, calm down, we'll find her. Breath honey" Scarlett tried to calm me down and after some seconds of following her breathing I managed to breath normally again.

"I'm going to look around the set" Chris said and he went out.
"What can we do?" Scarlett asked me.
"You can go look at the park, I'm going to her ex-friend house. Maybe he knows where she could be" she nodded and we walked in different ways.

Evelyn has already told me where her friend lives so I know where to go. I know who Sacha is but she told me she had two best friends. Hayden I think the other is. She told me about her just one time but with Sacha more. I question why.

After some driving I arrived at his house. I rand the doorbell and some seconds later a boy, around Eve age, blond and quite tall opened the door.

"Hi, I know why you are here. I know that now she feels like shit bu-"
"I'm not here for this, we will talk about it later maybe but now I need your help"
"Sure"
"Evelyn disappeared. She was angry at me for something. She shouted at me and she disappeared"
"Today is the 15 of May, right?"
"Yes, why?"
"Try to look for her at the Central cemetery"
"Why?"
"If she wants she will explain but just look there. If she isn't there call me" he said handing his phone to me so that I could copy his number. After this I immediately got in the car and I quickly but not too quick drove to the cemetery.

During the drive I called Scarlett and Chris to come there too. When I arrived I looked around and after some seconds I saw someone sitting near a grave. It was her. I slowly walked towards her.

I sit next to her and she turned her head towards me. Her big eyes were full of tears. She seems to have been crying for a lot. I opened my arms to her and she broke down crying harder. I didn't move until she broke the hug. She calmed down a little.

"I'm sorry for earlier. It's just a difficult day"
"It's ok, honey" I won't ask her why she is so sad. If she wants to tell me I'll listen but I'm not gonna force her.

"I just miss her so much" she said laying her head in her legs and crying. I watched the name on the grave. Hayden Gilbert. Is she that Hayden. My poor baby. She must be suffering so much in this moment.

That's why she told me that she HAD two best friends. I didn't say anything else. I just started rubbing her back to comfort her. After some seconds she laid her head on my shoulder and she continued crying.

Some minute later I saw Scarlett and Chris in the distance and I mouthed them not to come here and to wait in the cars. They walked away while we stayed as we were.

"I'm sorry for the things I told you earlier. You have to know that it was all wrong. I love you. You are my mom. And you always have. Even when you didn't know me. You have been always with me. Even if you didn't know. I'm thankful for you. I'm alive just because of you" she told me.
"It's ok, and I promise that I will love you anyway. Even if you will end up hating me. I will love you with my hole heart. Cause you are my daughter, you have always been and you will always be" I said kissing her forehead. She smiled at me.

"It's crazy how I automatically smile when I'm with you" (Evelyn)

"You make me laugh when I'm not even in the mood to smile" (Lizzie)

————————————————————————
1300 words