27-mommy's sick

EVELYN POV

i was at school and it was the last class for today. finally the bell rang and i started walking out. i was almost at the car when a girl stopped me.

"hey, you are Evelyn right?" she asked me nicely

"yes, i am, who are you?"

"i'm Kelsi, i wanted to give you this" she said handing ma a paper. i read it.

"school musical? why are you giving me this?"

"i heard that you are a good singer and we need a protagonist for the show"

"okayy, thank you but no thank you" i said handing back the paper to her.

"why not?"

"i don't sing in front of people, i cant do it. im sorry"

"oh, ok. you can keep the paper, think about it" she smiled at me leaving me with the paper in my hand.

i walked towards the car and i sat in the back seat. my mom is at work today so tom and zendaya came to pick me up and they are going to bring me home before going on set too.

"hey guys" i said as i sat in the car.

"hey, how was your day?" zendaya asked.

"boring, like always"

"who is the girl you were talking to?"

"Kelsi, she asked me to participate at the school musical" i said showing them the paper. zendaya took it and she read it.

"are you going to do it?" tom asked.

"no"

"why not? we heard you sing. you would be perfect"

"i cant sing in front of people"

"yes, you can. listen i know that with all the social anxiety thing you think you cant do it, but you can, believe me. you should try. defeat you fears" Zendaya said.

"imma think about it"

"okay honey" she finished and than they left me home. i ate something and then i took Bucky out for a walk. then i returned home and i started doing my homework. After an hour of homework i finished and i started watching TV. I started a TV series, Once Upon a Time, and after like 2 episodes Lizzie arrived.

"hey baby, how was your day?"

"good, yours?"

"good" 

"you are not very convincing" i said. she laid all her things at the entrance and then she walked towards me. she hugged me like she was a baby.

(^^like this, Lizzie is the girl and Eve is the boy

(^^like this, Lizzie is the girl and Eve is the boy. pretend they are both girls^^)

"are you okay? what happened?" i asked again. she didn't answer and she just stayed there hugging me.

"mom you are worrying me. what happened?" she didn't replied and she just wrapped her arms around me tighter.

"hard day at work?" i asked and she nodded. i heard her sniffling and that's mean that she's crying. fuck, i don't know what to do when someone is crying, least of all when an adult cries. i didn't move and i stayed there holding into her. i decide to distract her.

"today i met a girl. she wanted me to be the protagonist of the school musical"

"and? are you going to do it?"

"i don't know"

"i think you should, don't let the social anxiety ruin your life"

"okay, i'll do it" she immediately lifted her head.

"really?" she asked surprised. i nodded wiping away the tears she had in her checks.

"yes" i said. "do you want to tell me what happened?" she laid her head on my chest again.

"nothing, it has been an hard day, and i've missed you. i wanted to come and pick you up but the boss didn't let me"

"it's ok, and now i'm here" 

"i love you baby"

"i love you too mom" i answered and we stayed on the couch watching a episode of Once Upon a Time. after an episode it's time for dinned but i don't think Lizzie will want to cook so i decide that today i could cook.

"mom, if you let me get up i can go make something to eat for dinner" she didn't replied and i looked at her. she was sleeping. i didn't want to wake her up so i continued watching TV. 

It's now 10:30 and Lizzie is still sleeping.

"mom, it's half past ten, we should go to bed" i know she has been sleeping for hours but she needed to go to bed, and i need too. she whines and she hugged me tighter. i tried to lift her head so that she could face me and she was burning.

"mom, you are burning, let me go take you something" i succeed to get up and i went into the kitchen to grab some medicine for the fever. Meanwhile i called Scarlett, i don't really know what i'm suppose to do. i grabbed my phone and i called her.

"hey honey, everything's ok?"

"hi Scar, sorry to bother you but i need your help"

"of course, tell me"

"my mom has fever, i don't know how much but her head is burning and i don't know what i'm suppose to do. can you help me?"

"yes, give her something for the headache that she must have and measure the temperature, put her into bed and wait, i'm coming to you"

"okay, thank you" i said and i ended the call. i took the headache medicine and the thermometer. then i walked back in the living room.

"here, take this and measure the temperature" i said handing her the medicine and the thermometer. she took them and she did what i asked her to do. when she was done i looked at what the thermometer said. 

"you have 40 of fever, let's take you to bed" i said and i helped her getting up and walking upstairs. after i put her into bed i waited for Scarlett who arrived 5 minutes later.

"hey, how is she?"

"she had 40 of fever, she's cold and she have headache"

"did you give her headache medicine?" she asked me and i nodded, then we walked upstairs where we found a empty bed. then we heard a noise from the bathroom. we look at each others and then we both run towards the bathroom. Lizzie was throwing up sitting next to the toilet. i run to her and i held her hair while Scarlett went to take a wet patch. 

When Lizzie finished i helped her to go to bed again and i covered her with the covers. then Scarlett arrived and she laid the wet patch on mom's forehead.

Scarlett stayed for a while then when Lizzie fell asleep she left cause she was alone at home with the kids and she left them at home alone so she had to turn back home.

"call me if you need anything"

"okay, thank you Scar"

"anytime kid" she answered and then she left. i locked the door and i walked back in mom's room. i didn't want to let her alone so i decided to sleep on the armchair that there is in her room. After 30 minutes i fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------

1148 words

im sorry for not having been active but with the start of school i don't have a lot of time. hope you can forget me.

hope you liked it

ciaoooo<3

maria