21-school and Jennifer

EVELYN POV
I woke up and it took me a while to understand where I was. Then I remembered that me and Lizzie moved in a new home and let me say this: I love it. It's a modern house and it's a lot bigger than the one we were before. It isn't that far from where we were since Lizzie has to work and unfortunately I have to turn back school. It was Monday when everything happened and today, Monday (so it's been a week), I have to restart. Lizzie told me that the 2 girls who beat me have been expelled so I don't have to worry about them.

I prepared myself for school and I picked the books that I needed today. (A/N: if you don't remember she has: science, English, Latin, history and Italian. This is actually my Monday at school). I had breakfast with Lizzie and than she took me to school.
"Bye honey, call me if you need"
"Alright, bye mom" I said back and I walked in.

I kept my head down hoping that no one would notice me. I reached my locker and I put my things inside of it but keeping my science books. When I closed my locked I was faced with a girl. I jumped a little cause I didn't expect to see someone behind the locker.

"I'm sorry" she apologize. She was the girl who called the principal a week ago.
"It's ok"
"How are you? I know you don't even know who I am but I know who are you and I know what happened last week so I was ju-"
"I know who you are-I interrupted her- and I'm fine, thank you"
"Happy to hear it. I'm Jennifer" she said pulling her hand out towards me. I shake her hands.
"Evelyn"
"Beautiful name, I love it"
"Thank you"
"You have science the first period?" She asked looking at the books I was holding. I nodded.
"Do you know where the classroom is? Can I take you there"
"Ok" I answered shyly.

She took me to the class and when we arrived at the door she said goodbye to me and she went away with a group of her friends. I think she is one of the popular people here since the boys of the group were all in the football team of the school and the girls were all dressed good.

I entered in class where I found 2 girls. I didn't spoke to them, I just walked in the back of the class and I sit where I sit the past Monday. Unfortunately the 2 girls where sitting in front of me and one of them turned around to speak to me.

"Hi, I'm Thalia and she's Hope" she said smiling. I can reed the person very well and I can tell you that the one who spoke to me, Thalia, is a happy girl, always with a smile printed on her face. Meanwhile the other, Hope, is more like me. Dressed completely in black, and not smiling a lot.

I just smiled at them hoping that that would let me alone but they didn't. Well, Hope never spoke so Thalia didn't left me alone.
"You're Evelyn right?" She asked and I nodded in response.
"Alright, I remembered it right. Why did you come only Monday next week?"
"I had personal problems and I had to move" I lied. Well... it wasn't a complete lie. It's true that I had personal problems, with my grandparents, an it's true that I moved. But it's not for this that I didn't come. I don't want to talk about it and I'm not going to.
"Okay" she answered and then she turned back around since the school bell rang. All the students entered in the class and after them the teacher. The lesson started and it was about animals, so it was pretty easy.

The class ended and I walked towards my locker again. I took my English books and I walked into the class. I know where the classes were but Jennifer didn't let me tell her that I knew where I had to go so I just accepted the company.

........
Finally the last period, and luckily it was Italian. Luckily because I know it pretty well and it's easy for me. A lot of people say that Italian is one of the most difficult languages and maybe it's true but I studied it since I was 4 so it's easy for me.

"Hi everyone, how are you today?" She asked and all us us but me answered fine. Than she saw me.
"You're new right?" I nodded.
"Do you know something in Italian or it's the first time that you study it?"
"I-I've already studied it Miss"
"Ok, we will see how you know it"

"Ok now guys, I'll give you some sentences and you have to translate them. Ok?" She asked and everyone nodded.
She started saying us the sentences while we wrote them down. When she finished she told us that she will give us 10 minutes to translate them. I looked at the paper and in 30 seconds I was done. I think that 10 minutes for 4 sentences are a lot.

Then I started looking out of the window, waiting for the others to finish.
Meanwhile that we did it the teacher started walking around the tables to see how we were translating the sentences.

She walked past me and she took a look in my paper. She read what I wrote.
"Compliments Evelyn, you're very good" she looked up at me and she smiled. I smiled back and then I returned looking outside.

10 minutes passed and the teacher asked me to read a sentence.

"I can't come to the party tonight because I have to study" I read the sentence in English first.
"Non posso venire alla festa sta sera perché devo studiare" I translate it.
"Good pronunciation Eve, I can see you will have greats marks in this subject" she said and I smiled at her.

.......
School finished and I went to pick all the books from my locker so that I can go home. I was walking towards Lizzie car when someone took my shoulder. I froze for a moment but then I realized it was just Jennifer.
"Hey, how was today? Tell me if I have to beat someone for you" she laughed. I nervously laughed.
"No, everything went good" I smiled at her.
"Good. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to a party this Friday"
"Sure but I have to ask my mom first"
"Of course, write me when you ask her and if you can come I'll send you the address. And don't worry there aren't drugs or alcohol" she laughed and then she walked away. Leaving me with a pice of paper with her phone number on it.

I walked into the car.
"Hey, everything good today?"
"Yes"
"Who was that girl?"
"She's the one who called the principal last week"
"Oh, and what did she want?"
"She asked if I wanted to go to a party this Friday"
"And are you going?"
"I don't know"
"I think you should go"
"Mh" I need time to think. There will be a lot of people and what if I have a bad panic attack like when I passed out. With panic attacks I need Lizzie and I'm sure I can't bring her at the party.

I will think about it.

———————————————————————-
1262 words