2 : Suspicions

Wei wuxian could feel it. This was the first time in years that his mind is clear.

Although his soul is the same, the body he resides in currently is different that the one he was in before.

Although Mo Xuanyu clearly had some mental issues, his mental state was in a much better condition that his original body's.

It was refreshing.

He also did not have nearly as much resentful energy within his body.

Which meant that, even for just a moment, he wouldn't hear any unnecessary voices.

Wei wuxian huffed. He washed walked out of the hut and washed his face.

'Mo xuanyu's living condition truly was bad.'

Wei wuxian found some cloth nearby and quickly made it into a small bag. Adding some seals on it, he made it into something like a quaqin pouch. Just ....with resentful energy instead.

He quickly places every valuable item into it and leave the place. He did not want Mo Xuanyu's final items to be stolen. Besides, he had seen a beautiful flute in there as well. It was a cheap but beautiful flute. It had belonged to Mo Xuanyu's mother.

'i could use it.'

He noticed a donkey nearby. The donkey was aware of his presence as well. They stared at each other for a while before Wei wuxian raised his arm a bit. Up till his shoulder.

"Do you mind helping me out? I need to go into the village. This hut is at quite a distance."

The donkey, as though it could understand him, huffed and turned it's head away.

Wei wuxian sigh.

'I guess he doesn't like me.'

Wei wuxian looked around. He noticed an apple left behind near the hut. He quickly took the apple and walked towards the donkey. He held out his hand.

"If you give me a ride to the village, I'll give you this apple."

The donkey neighed. It wanted the apple and moved towards it. Wei wuxian moved away. The donkey finally huffed and let him get on its back.

"Thank you lil'apple."

.
.
.
.
.

As he walked into town, Wei wuxian noticed how no one recognised him. All he had done was remove the makeup in his face. To think the neglect and mistreatment Mo Xuanyu faced was so much so that no one recognised him....

Well. It was a good thing for him anyway. The lesser people who recognised him the better.

He was pondering over something. How would he kill the Mo family? Although he had no personal grudges against them, he knew about some of the things they did to Mo Xuanyu. If his hut is anything to go by.

Mo Xuanyu's hut was is a terrible state. A lot of his utensils and items were broken. There had been a broken book shelf filled with cultivation items. According to Mo Xuanyu, it was probably stolen by that kid, Mo ziyuan.

The Mo family truly was terrible. They weren't even good village heads. Its a surprise how this village still stands.

As he was thinking about this, wei wuxian overheard some people talk about cutlivators arriving at the village. There had been some resentful creatures here.

'resentful creatures?'

Wei wuxian went into a small alley at the corner of a building. He sighed and closed his eyes. Letting a thin layer of resentful energy spread across the village.

'Ah!'

Resentful energy. It was truly there. And it wasn't a weak one. It was close to a fearce corpse. Although not as much as wen Ning had been.

'Wen Ning.....'

Wei wuxian shook his head. He needed to concentrate. Now was not the time to dwell in matters of the past. He would save wen Ning soon.

For now, Wei wuxian had found a method to kill the Mo family.

It was still early in the day. While sitting in a stall, eating some spicy bread bought with money he stole from some clueless guy while walking the street, Wei wuxian saw someone who he assumes is Mo Ziyuan, along with some Lackeys going towards the hut.

'Probably to steal some more stuff. Too bad they'd only see some broken furniture and lots of blood.'

He thought as he patted his crafty quakin pouch.

He hummed as he continued eating. He was currently sitting at the stall. Although his face looked like he was enjoying the food, him mind was working fast.

'Another one'

Wei wuxian noticed another person lurking nearby. Although they were doing a decent job at concealing their presence, it did not work with him.

Not only had he just spread resentful energy around to search to resentful creatures,he had also been in high alert.

'Just as i expected. There really was a third party.'

Wei wuxian found it strange. It could have been passed as Mo Xuanyu finding his work by coincidence while he was studying them at jinlin-tai. But it was far to convenient.

The strong resentful creature, the cultivators arriving. His resurrection.

It was too much of a coincidence.

He suspected someone has fuelled Mo Xuanyu's negative thoughts and made him believe the only way for revenge was bringing me back to life.

By the constant monitoring, it was obvious the third party knew he was back.

'Do they plan to use that resentful creature in a trap?'

He wasn't sure why this was happening. There was no way for him to find out their intentions.

'Could it be they hate me so much to make me fall into a trap so they can capture me? Or do they need my help with something?'

There were many possibilities, but no way of finding it out.

Not yet, at least.