9 : Jiang Wanyin and Jin Rulan

(remember that in this au, wwx and the lan's stayed at the mo village longer than in cannon. So wwx and the lan's arriving to dafan mountain would be later than in the novel.)

.
.
.
.
.
Placing some seals on his arms, Wei wuxian calmed himself.

Since they were in a hurry, Wei wuxian had to-unfortunately, leave lil'apple behind.

There were currently three cultivators with swords. The fastest mode of transport was obvious.

Wei wuxian had, on invitation, rode on lan wangji's sword, bichen.

They immediately made their way towards dafan mountain.

Flying was a bit traumatic for Wei wuxian. Heights in general were. With his picture perfect memory, he clearly remembered falling into the burial mounds.

The constant flow of immense resentful energy making its way around his body and almost taking control. He hated it.

This was why he had a bit of a strong grip on lan wangji's robes.

The man seemed uncomfortable and shifted a bit but Wei wuxian girpped on tighter.

"You'll have to forgive me. I do not do well with heights."

Lan wangji nodded. Mo Xuanyu was not a cultivator of the rightous path, therefore it would make sense for him to be scared. Even though he was once a cultivator of the rightous path, his core was not strong enough to ride a sword.

'It is not unbelievable for him to have this fear.'

For some reason, lan jingyi had made a weird face at them and turned slightly red in anger but calmed down after seeing his senior nod.

As they reached closer towards the mountain, they could hear a commotion. Wei wuxian could see a flurry of Jiang purple robes.

Wei wuxian had been a cultivator of the Jiang sect for many years. Although he still loves the Jiang, he was worried.

He wanted to leave, worried he might go through his Didi's Rath again. But he stopped after hearing a trembling but strong voice.

"If you do not find a way to cure my nephew, I'll break all your legs!"

It was Jiang wangyin. His didi.

Wei wuxian turned pale. Not just because he heard his voice, but also because of what he said.

'His nephew?.... jin ling ....... Shijie's son was hurt!'

The lan's went towards the commotion to provide help in need. Just as they were thought to.

Hopping off the sword, Wei wuxian and the lan's immediately rushed towards the group of people.

He could see a several cultivators lying on the ground.

Most of them were rouge cultivators and some sect juniors Among them was jin ling.

The 13 year old was very pale. His lips were dry and chapped. Skin pale and cold. His breathing was also very shallow. Body barely moving.

Lan wangji stepped forward and began to speak.

"Sect leader Jiang. What happened?"

"Ah the Chaos-following hanguang-jun. It seems your reputation precedes you. You showed up."

Haaa.

"This idiot nephew of mine meddle in stuff he wasn't ready for."

Jiang wangyin did not seem to be in a good condition. He continued to hold jin ling in his arms tightly.

It was obvious to anyone seeing that he was worried for his nephew.

Although he could understand, lan wangji still needed to know what was happening.

A Jiang deciple continued explaining.

"Young master jin got his soul snatched by a goddes statue. Same goes with all these other cultivators. They were also attacked by a demonic arm which had lodged onto the statue. We have captured it for now."

Ah. The demonic arm seemed to be the one they were tracing.

The lan juniors grimaced. Probably thinking this entire mess was due to their mistake of not watching over the arm.

Wei wuxian heard what the Jiang deciple said. He went around collected information about the statue from some civilians and cultivators around.

Easily noticing the heavy resentful energy around.

He had a rough idea about what had happened.

'jin ling must have unknowingly made a wish towards the goddess.'

Wei wuxian bit his lower lip as his mind raced through many theories. His palms getting sweaty.

'i may have a way to get their souls back. It has barely been a while day after all. It is similar to what Mo Xuanyu did to sommon my soul back. But...... My identity may get revealed....... Ah whatever! Jin ling's life is more important'

Wei wuxian stepped forward towards Jiang Cheng. The sound of leaves crunching made Jiang wangyin look towards him. He saw a man looking at him with a serious expression.

If he remembered right, this person was Mo Xuanyu. One of jin ling's uncle's who had been disgraced and sent out of jinlin-tai for harrassing his own brother. Though he did look a bit different that in his memories.

But the man's next words shocked him.

"Sect leader Jiang..... I think i may have a way to bring their souls back."

There was silence everywhere. Everyone focusing on Wei wuxian's words.

".....What?"

Jiang wangyin was extremely shocked. He had heard that Mo Xuanyu was weak in cultivation. That he had no talent in it.

Such a man was claiming to have a way to bring his nephews soul back.

"What nonsense are you talking about! Your just a lunatic! Go sprout your bullshit somewhere else!"

Some cultivatiors recognised Mo Xuanyu and, thinking this was another one of his lunatic moments, tried to send him away.

It was a bit sad that these random cultivators had recognised him without any makeup while his own villagers could not.

Everyone agreed with the rouge cultivator's words. All except a few.

Jiang wangyin would have believed them as well. Normally he would.

But seeing the serious expression on Mo Xuanyu's face and confident demeanor , he felt tempted to gamble.

Jiang wangyin licked his bottom lip and slowly began to speak.

"Do what you have to. But i will be watching you at all times."

Although he wanted to sound reassuring, he ended up speaking harshly. Almost threatening.

Many flinched hearing his harsh tone.

Well, except Mo Xuanyu. He behaves as though someone speaking to him in harsh tones was a regular thing. It was concerning.

But Jiang wangyin did not bother with that. He was more worried for his nephew.

As Wei wuxian stepped closer towards all the unconscious cultivator's, he grimaced. Hesitant, he began to speak.

"Sect leader Jiang..... The method i will be using is the crooked path. I will be using demonic cultivation."

Gasp.

Many sucked in gasps. Demonic cultivatiors are usually hunted down by the Jiang. No one knows what happened to them once their taken to Lotus pier, but they always come out different.

This man certainly was brave for talking about being a Demonic cultivation infront of the man who hates them the most.

But surprisingly enough, Jiang did not react as expected. He looked resigned and spoke.

"Well, it's quite obvious bringing back souls is not something normal cultivation can accomplish. Demonic cultivation is the obvious choice. Go ahead."