15 : Home cooked meal

Wei wuxian opened the door to the summoning room and took a look at the situation inside. He ignored the gaze of gold eyes piercing at him.

There were a few cultivators inside, including lan zhan and lan qiren.

The latter was unconscious, along with everyone else.

They were all quite bloody and weary looking. Slight traces of blood on their jaws and around their lips show that they had coughed up blood.

'Mosi likely due to their inability to resist the dense resentful energy from the arm.'

Lan wangji was the only one still sitting with his guqin in hand, playing 'Rest'.

It was quite impressive that he was still up and playing the melody. Though Wei wuxian could see his fingers slightly twitching.

The great hanguang-jun was still standing strong.

But, it was to be expected. Lan wangji was someone who had worked quite closely beside him throughout the war. Always bugging him during every break, asking him to come to Gusu.

He was bound to be used to dense resentful energy.

The waves of resentful energy being emitted from the arm was immense.

'its no wonder they collapsed. But still.....'

The resentful energy was not only huge in quantity, but also very dense. It would make sense for cultivators to collapse from it.

But, Wei wuxian was still quite skeptical. The cultivators inside the summoning room were all those who had participated in the war.

Of course, excluding the junior disciples.

Even if they had not been close to Wei wuxian during the duration of the war, they must have come in contact with even more dense resentful energy at some point. They should have a small bit of resistance towards it.

'Is it because it had happened more than 13 years ago?'

Deciding to thing about it later, Wei wuxian had brought out the flute he had gotten from Mo Xuanyu's belongings, one that belonged to the young man's mother. He wordlessly began playing 'Rest'.

Together with the guqin and flute, 'Rest' sounded very beautiful.

The waves of resentful energy began to calm down, and the arm slowly stopped shaking.

While it still floated just a bit, it pointed itself towards a specific direction.

'North-west.'

Wei wuxian and Lan wangji made eye contact. Both had realised what exactly occurred.

Wei wuxian began to speak.

"Suppressing it is only temporary."

"Mn. Trace its source."

"That's right. Tracing it's source, it's possible to find the full corpse of the arm and find out what it truly is. Then there would naturally be a way to save them."

Wei wuxian very carefully made sure to word his sentences without including himself in the search.

'lan zhan is still strong. I can trust him in dealing with things like this.'

Lan wangji clenched his jaw. His was silently thinking of something that resulted in him gripping his guqin a bit too tight.

It was silent for a bit. While lan wangji gathered himself and stood up in his normal calm and regal- looking way, Wei wuxian's mind raced through many theories.