26 : Lanling

Lan Xichen walked on the familiar path through town that leads towards the gates of the Lanling Jin sect. He watched the street vendors smile in greetings having recognised him due to his constant visiting's and go about their business. The children ran around the place freely while their mother's watched with smiles on their faces. Lan Xichen smiled. Had it been a few years ago, no woman could have come outside like this and live peacefully. He let out a satisfied hum as he felt pride about his sword brother's great actions on making the Jin sect a better place.

He walked leisurely and calmly reached the gates. He smiled as he witnessed the guards bowing infront of him with unsurprised looks. They were very used to his appearance since he was the only sect leader who visited this often. Even sect leader Jiang didn't visit often despite his own nephew living here.

"Welcome, sect leader Lan." The guard bowed. Lan Xichen smiled and nodded his head.

"It's nice to see you as well."

"We weren't aware about your visit, so i apologizes for our leaders absence. Sect leader Jin is most likely in his office. Would you like for me to guide you there?" The man asked, making sure to be extra polite. It was normal for the sect members of Jin to behave this way. This was because of the good relationship between the two remaining members of the vernerated trio. It also didn't help that the Lan was polite to a fault and always treated them well with respect.

Lan Xichen shook his hand a bit and said, "It's alright, i know the way myself." He then took off towards Jin Guangyao's office. On reaching there, he knocked. Hearing a soft 'come in', he entered.

"Have I come at a bad time?" He said pleasantly. The younger jerked on hearing his voice and immediately stood up with a smile, reaching out and hugging the other man.

"Ah, Er-ge! What a nice surprise!" He laughed, radiating joy at seeing the other man.

"It's great to see you too, A-Yao"

They let go of each other. Jin Guangyao moved his hand and guided Lan Xichen towards the table and peaked out the door, telling a maid to get some tea for the both of them. He went back and took his seat across Lan Xichen and smiled.

"So? What brings you here this time? I recall we only met recently for the conference." Jin Guangyao said as he continued looking through some papers and signing them. He had a teasing tone to his voice with his dimples on full show. Lan Xichen frowned and then smirked and pouted a bit.

"Ah, well I believed it was alright for a friend to visit once in a while, right?" He said in a whiny tone, teasing the good natured man. Hearing his words, Jin Guangyao immediately looks up in hopes of clearing any misunderstanding.

"Of course! Er-ge is welcome here always. But you know that's not what i meant- " he said, but cut himself off on noticing the others expression. He then frowned. Lan Xichen laughed brightly. He still very much enjoyed the cute expressions his sworn brother makes that remind him of the time when they were both still young.

Though they had met during war, Jin Guangyao still had some youthful innocence in him so it was refreshing to see that the man he once knew was still the same.

Lan Xichen shook his lead and moved his arms in calming motios. "Ahaha. No need to get so panicked. The reason I came here is simple. It's because -"

Knock knock

He was interrupted by the knocking the door. "Come in." Jin Guangyao said soon after. The door slid open to reveal Qin Su, Jin Guangyao's wife and the madam of the Lanling Jin sect. She looked at her husband and nodded and then bowed in respect.

"It good to see you sect leader Lan." She said, greeting him with a smile. The lan immediately stood up and bowed in greetings towards her as well, smiling pleasantly.