17 : Yilling

Yilling had been a special place for Wei wuxian. He'd stayed there for years after all.

But one thing he'd noticed, was that this place was always tied with his most happiest and worst memories.

Living happily with his parents. Losing them and living a terrible life in the streets, fighting dogs for food.

Being thrown to his death, only to survive and suffering in that horrific place for 3 whole months.

And years later, to make that horrific place his home. A place where he'd finally found a family who'd accepted him for himself.

A place that turned into their grave. And eventually his own.

As stated before, yiling was a special place for Wei wuxian.

Standing with a horse near the entrance of the small town, Wei wuxian began to recall why he had come here.

He looked at the shop vendors and inhabitants of yiling with a small smile one his face.

'Their the same as always.'

The people of yiling, dispite not helping them, accepted him and the wen remnants, a demonic cultivator and the wen's, the scorn of the cultivation World.

Of course, not because they wanted to, but because they were receiving something in return for all the trouble the so called 'righteous' cultivators had caused due to them stayed here.

'They recived me'

They recieved Wei wuxian. More specifically, his demonic cultivation.

For many years the burial mounds, as its name suggests, was a burial mound. A place everyone dumped bodies of the dead in.

Over time, heavy and dense resentment intoxicated the place making in impossible to enter.

But, that only increased the deposition of the bodies. Since it would no longer be possible to investigate the place without harm.

Obviously, since this mountain that's drenched with resentment was located next to yiling, no clan had claimed the land. Nor did they make any move to prevent demonic entities to harm the inhabitants of yiling.

This was because of the dense resentful energy present, and in inability of any cultivators to help.

Even the great wen clan was unable to do more than place some wards.

The last were the weak wards places by some wen ancestors, centuries ago.

'Actually, rather than being unable to help, it was more like no one was willing to help.'

Wei wuxian did exactly that. He had targeted the wants of the people of yiling in exchange for them letting him and the group of wen's stay in the territory.

Since Wei wuxian was making their lives easier by doing what the cultivators should have done, they were very grateful.

They had stayed there for a year. Of course, with Wei wuxian's charming personality and the actual truth of the wen remnants being revealed to yiling, they were accepted into their fold.

'..... And then the seige happened.'

The seige at burial mounds was still fresh in his mind. The look on grandma's face as she died. Uncle four pushing a-yuan in his hand and telling him to run away while they distract the cultivators. A-yuan's teary face asking about his family, not understanding that they had already died.

All of it was fresh in his memories. This was because for him, it had happened barely 2 weeks ago.

He'd watched all this happen, died, and then immediately came back to life. He'd lived as Mo Xuanyu for 2 weeks now, and dispite it being 13 years since his family was murdered, it had also only been two weeks.