7 : New head

The mood immediately soured. Everyone froze, feeling as though the temperature dropped several degrees.

"Ah"

Wei wuxian said monotonously. It was so dry. Everyone unconditionally gulped.

Wei wuxian smiled a chilling smile. He looked lan wangji in the eye and began to speak.

"I forgot. Gusu lan are rightous cultivators who lock up people like me, don't they. Why do you ask the obvious? Do you want to lock me up?"

Wei wuxian looked very scary to everyone's eyes. Almost as though one wrong move and he wouldn't hesitate to finish off everyone here. No matter how strong the famed hanguang-jun was.

Before the situation would escalate, lan wangji spoke.

"Good deeds will not be condemned, Master Mo saved the juniors. It is appreciated. We will finish our clean up an leave."

'what?'

The lan juniors flinched a bit after hearing their senior address him as Master.

Wei wuxian was stunned. That never bending rule abiding lan wangji, had let a person using demonic cultivation go?

All he could do was nod in a dazed state. Lan wangji bowed and called the juniors to begin their tasks.

Wei wuxian sighed.

"If you aren't able to finish it, you are welcome to stay the night. The servants will guide you to the guest rooms."

He turned towards the servants and spoke.

"I have not lived here for a very long time. I'm sure you all know. Take me to the main office. The rest of you, it's late at night, go sleep"

"Ye-yes! This way please!"

The servant quickly scrambled to do as their told. Wei wuxian went to the office room guided by a servant. Dismissing him, Wei wuxian looked at the pile of papers yet to be completed.

'haaa, it seems i have my work cut out for me.'

He quickly sat and started finishing as many papers as he could. Making sure to do a good job.

His handwriting certainly was not the best but it seemed as though Mo Xuanyu's had was a bit more leaned in writing calligraphy.

This was why his writing was understandable.

He also made some preparations for the future of the Mo village.

The Mo family did not consistent of only the three who died. There were some distant relatives as well. Relatives from the branch family.

In this society, leadership was family based, and so Wei wuxian started searching for the most competent member of the Mo family to appoint at the next head.

The next morning, Wei wuxian sent a message calling the distant Mo family.

Many of them heard what had happened and were not satisfied with a lunatic being the next head. Already making plans to push Wei wuxian out of the seat so the next closest to the main line would become head.

Hence, why they were surprised to be called. Many immediately started speaking loudly, making demands and asked mo Xuanyu to give up his position in a round about way.

Mo Xuanyu stood there with a respectable attire. He blankly watched everyone to the point if made everyone uncomfortable and slowly quite down.

Wei wuxian began to speak.

"I am not going to head as i have no desire for it. With extensive research, i have chosen the next head. I have called you all here for this reason."

An elder spoke up.

"What do you mean chosen?! Obviously the head should be me!"

Wei wuxian sighed. He seemed to be doing it alot the past few days.

"Do not forget that I am currently the head. And after the appointment, i would still have my rights as a former head. I make the decisions here. You will honer it."

No one could refute. Word had already spread about Mo Xuanyu's apparent strong cultivation. About how he had saved everyone the previous night.

"Mo lihua. She is to be the next head."

Mo lihua. She was a young, 20 year old maiden with immense potential. Wei wuxian decided to appoint her as the next head.

As for the girl herself, she was stunned. Although she was good person with immense potential, she was also greedy. She was overjoyed to get a position that would help her improve this good for nothing village.

Wei wuxian continued speaking.

"Since i was made head only last night, i did not complete much paperwork, so you'll have to forgive me for that. I plan to leave the village, but for a while, i will visit to make sure things are running smoothly. That is all. You are dismissed."

He left the corridor. Lihua's family and friends who all supported her rejoiced. Happy for this decision.

"Good morning master Mo."

As Wei wuxian walked the corridors, lan sizhui greeted him.

He suddenly bowed stunning Wei wuxian.

"i appologise master mo. I refered to you as a young master last night."

'ah right'

"You can continue to do so. As I am no longer the master of this village."

"Yes? What do you mean?"

"I have given my position to another just prior to us meeting. As such, should you meet me in the future, refer to me as you wish."

Lan sizhui nodded.

"Ah i understand."

Wei wuxian smiled. A-yuan certainly was polite. He was a good kid. A decent cultivator too.

Seeing him, Wei wuxian decided to ask an important question.

"Young master lan sizhui. Do perhaps remember anything about what happened when you were 4?"

"Ah, i do not understand why you are asking this but no, i had a high fever once and lost my memories."

"I see..... I understand. Please do not mind this strange question"

"It's no problem"

"Are you done with your work?"

"Yes. We had finished when it was too late into the night so we took up your offer to stay. We plan to leave soon."

"I see. I wish you a safe journey"

The both bowed to eachother and parted ways.

Wei wuxian was sure they would meet in the future.

Although he wasn't travelling with them, Wei wuxian was sure the third party would find some way to make sure he follows the resentful arm and eventually do whatever they have in plan.

But Wei wuxian had a different goal in mind. Something much more urgent.

The burial mounds.

As someone who was thrown in the burial mounds after the massacre of Lotus pier and had lived there for three months.

And as someone who stayed there for more that a year, he knew just how much yiling was affected by the resentful energy.

It was much better after he had cleared it during his stay, which was one of the reasons he was on good terms with the people of yiling.

But there had been a siege. A siege where people died.

Surely the resentful energy at burial mounds has increased.

It's not far-fetched to assume that the cultivation sects were too engrossed in rebuilding and rejoicing their 'victory' to care about the condition of the area surrounding burial mounds.

It didn't help that yiling did not fall under any sect as well.

Wei wuxian wanted to cleanse the place.