22. HERE IN THE LAND OF REBEL POWERS

WE DITCHED THE REST of the day and went to The Wreck

WE DITCHED THE REST of the day and went to The Wreck. Excitement coursing through my veins at the arrival of the next text or anything from them. "I never doubted them," JJ laughs. "Hey, Kiara, I need those setups done by five!" Anna shouts at her daughter. "There are other people that work here!" Kie yells back. "Ain't none of them my children!" I scoff at Anna as we just continue walking. "I feel that. On a deep, emotional level, I understand that," Pope references his family business. "Weston had a drug dealin' business but I wasn't like—does that count as an entrepreneur?" I ask. "I—maybe?" Bailey shrugs.

"So we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ is immediately jumping the gun but to be fair, I thought the same. "How do you suppose we get to the Bahamas?" I sit down next to JJ and rest my head on my hand. "John B is gonna get nabbed sooner or later. So we gotta clear his name, like yesterday," Kie says. I let out a huff of air and my eyes follow the seagull flying past us. "I'll tell you how we do it!" JJ says. "So you have it all planned out?" Pope rolls his eyes.

JJ make eye contact with me and smirks, "I do, we kidnap Rafe!"

"Excuse me, JJ?" I shake my head in disbelief. "We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squackin."

"You know, tortures a war crime—"

"Hold on Kie, I like this idea—"

"Really, Bailey? You like the idea of torture?" Kie raises her eyebrows at the other brunette. Bailey just smiles and shrugs at her. "Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell? Because that's a felony," Pope says to JJ.

"Alright, well, what do you got, Pope?"

Suddenly, a lightbulb goes off. All we really need is a witness.

"Guys—all we truly need is a material witness!" I stand up from my seat. "Those crime shows are doing you well, Sam. That's exactly what my plan was," Pope smiles at me, "We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered."

"So, we just need the confession on record!"

"Exactly, Sam," Pope fist bumps me as a proud smile goes across my face. "Okay, how do we do that?" Kie asks. Pope and I look at each other, "A little light espionage."

"A little ghost recon," JJ smirks. "Undercover? Time to get my spy boots on," Bailey adds on. We all look at each other as everything comes together. "Woogity, woogity?"

I smile and put my hand out, "Woogity, baby!"

We quickly found the guy that flew the plane and maybe other planes for Ward. "I feel like a Criminal Minds character right now! Y'all think I'd be Spencer's type?" I dramatically move my hair and smile. "Spencer? The nerd? Don't start this shit again," JJ scoffs. "Jealous?" I raise an eyebrow. "He looks like he enjoys mint chocolate chip ice cream!"