27. 'CAUSE IT FEELS LIKE MURDER

"Babe, wake up. We're home," JJ rattled me.

   The feeling of JJ shaking me awake makes me groan. His big blue eyes shining brighter because of the sun. "I fell asleep?" I push myself up. "Knocked the fuck out, actually," Bailey laughs. "There she is," John B smiles at his home. "Bet it is good to see her old bones. Welcome home, guys," JJ says. A hand is in front of my face and I smile when I see the blonde girl I missed. I grab her hand and she roughly pulls me up. "Jesus, Sarah."

  "I've gained some strength in my time away," Sarah says.

    We all get off the boat and that nostalgic feeling comes back but this time, I'm happy. I'm so fucking happy.

   "I'm gonna be honest. Not exactly looking forward to a check in at home. My parents already probably arranged my funeral," Kie says. "I predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after I left the truck in Charleston," Pope says. "I should probably tell someone at my house I'm alive," I lean against the railing of the dock. "Wait, no one knows we're here, right?" JJ looks around at us, "And you two aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later. Am I right or am I right?"

    A party? I know this is where JJ is going. "You're not wrong," Pope somewhat agrees. "So that means we have 12 hours to do whatever we want. Babe, invite Vanessa and Blake. They already know everything. Let 'em party like a Pogue. How does that sound?" I raise my eyebrow towards the others, "Y'all sure?"

   "Yeah, of course. And Piper. Don't forget Piper," Kie laughs but I look at JJ who is just shaking his head no but keeping his mouth shut. Sarah pouts and shakes her head no at JJ's plan. "Shit hit the fan tomorrow. Come on!" John B smiles. "I for one, love this idea," Bailey claps. "The cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid..." I nudge Sarah who looks down at me and rolls her eyes. "Sarah Cameron," I look towards JJ who starts walking towards us,"You've heard of my philosophy, right?" Here we go. "No," Sarah answers flatly.

   Before JJ even starts, I mouth the words and then JJ starts, "Stupid things have good outcomes all the time," He claps and grabs my hand and tugs me with him. "Babe, babe—"

   "Come on. Get the party started! Get some beers!"

John B settled into the H.M.S Pogue just as he would've a month ago and drove us to get beers.

  "The usual or fancier beers, guys?" I turn to Kie and JJ. They share a look. "The usual. For old times sake," Kie smiles. I grab the usual brand and we pay. "We got it. Let's go!"

"Whoo!" I celebrate as we leave the place. JJ whistles showing we got the beers. Big smiles spread across Kie and I's faces as we both held up our beers. I had John B the beers, "Looky here, folks!"

  "Sam the Beer Lady, to the rescue," John B says but I cringe at him. We get back to The Chateau and start decorating around The Cats Ass. Fairy lights line the trees. "The best twins are here!" Blake shouts as he walks into the half done backyard. "Where is Sarah? And John B?" Vanessa immediately runs past me and to Sarah. She practically knocked the younger girl over when she engulfed her in a hug. I turn back toward Blake, "Where's Zander?"

  His face drops. Oh, God. Don't tell me it's over. "We got into a—fight. I don't know where it leaves us," He awkwardly scratched at his neck. I regret asking. His blue eyes shift to someone behind me and they light up. "Huh?" I turn and follow his eyes towards....Pope?

  No, please. I don't need another failed love triangle. "Blake...."

  "Fully aware. Don't start. Let's party, hm?" He walks passed me. Fuck. I don't need Blake being heart broken over Pope and Bailey heart broken over Kie. I'm gonna lose my mind. I just need weed. Weed settles the brain. "Babe!" I call out and he quickly runs over to me. "What's up, sunshine?"