Chapter 2

(Blood warning, death)

Giyuu’s POV
Everyone… their bodies splayed out everywhere. I was horrified when I could see them. The dead, eating off bits and pieces of them… I quietly walked around trying to hide and find someone left. I didn’t see Makomo’s body, Sabito’s or Mr. Urokodaki. I searched as silently as possible for them.
Then I finally found someone, Makomo, her body… Her limbs were ripped off and she was just bleeding out. Her skin ghostly pale and her expression was filled with anguish but now empty. I wanted to close her eyes and properly take care of her dead body but the dead noticed me and started chasing after me.
My vision was blurry now from all the tears and I didn’t get really far. I ended up falling down and hitting my head. I didn’t pass out but now I was bleeding and the blood was running down. It made it harder to see, I tried to get up but I was a bit dizzy. Then before I could get attacked, Sabito stepped in the way.

“Get up and run!! Mr. Urokodaki is just a bit further ahead, go on without me!”

I couldn’t believe what he was saying. No way would I go on without him! I slowly stood up and wanted to stay by his side. Yet then he started getting bit and he looked back at me once more and smiled. He was then pulled away and about to be eaten alive, I couldn’t bear to watch, it was too late.
So I ran and ran until I met up with Mr. Urokodaki and he looked at me. I was still crying but not from fear but from extreme grief. I just lost my best friend and everyone else. I was still dizzy and I wasn’t feeling great. He picked me up and ran, we got as far as possible on foot. He was always fast and good on his feet. My head was throbbing from the wound and then everything went dark.