Chapter 9

(curse warning)

Giyuu’s POV
I looked at him and he seemed irritated, not scared. He ran over to me, swinging the bat at any zombies that tried to get in his way. He made his way to me and grabbed onto my arm. He pulled me along and dragged me through the zombies and got us out of there.
We were now out of the forest on the other side. So we weren't back in town but now in an empty land, panting. I looked over myself making sure I had no bites, thankfully I was fine. Yet one look at him and I saw that he had multiple bites on his arms. I got closer to him and grabbed his arm. He was surprised and I just continued inspecting his arm. The bites didn’t seem to be infected though… I don’t understand. I looked back up at his mesmerizing eyes. And then he smirked and nodded.

“Looks like I am immune, fucking crazy.”

In that moment I realized that he is the one person that I could never lose. We don't know each other well but I want us to. We both know about the zombies and right now we only have each other. We looked around to see where we should go.
If we go back into the forest to get to town… There will be more zombies again. If we walk the other way, we don't know where we will end up. Well the middle of nowhere is better than zombies. So we started walking in silence. I had no idea what to say. Social interactions are not my thing. He didn’t seem like he wanted to talk so I let it be.
He walked in front of me and kept looking around. Eventually we made it to a nearby village with an inn. It was getting dark so we went to the inn and tried to get two rooms. I didn't think two was necessary. Yet he looked like he hated me so I just nodded along. When we were about to pay, it seemed as though neither of us had enough money.  So we only got one room, one bed. It was the cheapest and affordable for us at the moment.
We went up the stairs and to the room on the third floor. I was really tired and I hadn't eaten anything except breakfast.
Best birthday ever. Not. I hadn’t barely eaten, could have died from zombies and now I'm stuck with this insanely hot angry man. Who I still don't know the name of. My luck is really bad.
I turned to him and he was ordering pizza. He must be hungry as well. While I waited for the pizza, I went and took a shower. Then after that I had to put on the same clothes. It wasn't great but whatever. I walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed. He told me the pizza would be here in a half an hour. He then went and took a shower. I closed my eyes and tried to take a nap. I must have been able to because when I woke up he was yelling at me.

"The pizza is here, wake your ass up!"

I opened my eyes and sat up. He was only wearing his boxers… I looked him up and down. He had more scars on his chest. He was also in good shape. With those abs and all those muscles. I snapped out of it and grabbed some pizza. I didn't want to speak but my curiosity got the better of me.