Chapter 12

(curse warning)

Sanemi’s POV
I let him choose whichever he wanted. None had any value to me anymore. He picked out a gun and I grabbed one too, we grabbed a lot of ammo. More than I’d ever grab for hunting that's for sure. We put on some gun holders we had and grabbed more guns. Like hell as if we would let the military and police handle the zombies alone. I smiled at him and he nodded, I could see his eyes shine. With hope, with a fighting spirit maybe?
I didn’t care, that little spark in his eyes was beautiful. It made him seem more alive and intriguing. We then grabbed some water from my fridge and drank it. Getting ourselves refreshed before a big fight. After that we headed to the forest where we saw a cruel battlefield in front of us. Some of the military and police were injured. Others were turning into zombies, dead or still fighting.
We ran in not waiting another moment in this brutal time. We got yelled at by many but we didn’t care.
I rolled my eyes and aimed my gun, one shot, two shots… straight at those fucking creatures. Hit at their heads, they fell back and bumped into more zombies. After that my confidence boosted especially since I am immune to the dead fuckers. I shot like crazy shooting the now zombified military, police and normal zombies. I quickly looked over and saw Giyuu up in a tree shooting down at them, damn he is so smart.
It made him fucking sexy as hell. I smirked and quickly turned and saw a Zombie almost on me. Then the thing was shot, Giyuu has good aim. The surviving military and police went off and tried to attack from different angles. I reloaded my gun and a zombie got too close so I wacked it over the head with the end of my gun. Then another zombie jumped at me and I shoved my gun down its throat and shot. The blood and skin splat out the back and splattered. I was probably quite bloody from all the shooting I've been doing. The numbers of zombies are down a good amount now.
Not halfway but it was a progress. I kept shooting and killed many just by myself. I really am not scared of these shits, so I could care less if they tried biting me. Giyuu was making good progress too. I saw many bullets fly overhead so I knew those were his shots. He killed about the same amount as me but I wasn’t counting, it was really just guessing.
Hours passed by and the zombies were lower but so was the help we had. Many of the military and police were dead. Why didn’t they try to go hop in the trees and shoot down!? Some people are just complete idiots. I didn’t have to worry about becoming a zombie so I just stayed down here. It was getting late so it was getting harder to see.
I knew it was probably getting harder for Giyuu to see, so I reloaded for what felt like the thousandth time. I shot at as many zombies as possible, I had to be quick since we were losing daylight. In about an hour I didn’t see any more zombies but the effect was huge. Less than half of the military and police officers were left.
Giyuu got down from his tree branch and he was almost out of bullets and so was I. He seemed tired and so was I. I was sweating way more though. Which made sense because I was moving around a lot more than he was. The others thanked us for our service and all we did was nod. We didn’t have much to say and started walking out of the forest. I really can’t believe that we had defeated all the zombies. A weight felt lifted off my shoulders, my family was finally avenged and many lives were saved. I smiled at Giyuu with a toothy grin but then I noticed his face...