Chapter 3

Giyuu’s POV
Once I woke up, I was in a bedroom. First I noticed that I had bandages on my head, then my full surroundings. Mister Urokodaki was sitting next to me, sleeping. Where are we?
All I remember is… No, I remember it all too well. I started crying again and this time, I just let the tears flow. Sabito was gone, my last straw. Eventually days went by and I couldn’t do much other than cry. Not even eat or sleep. Soon I got out of that depressive mood and was able to stop crying.
I wasn’t the same though, I have lost my best friend and my sister. I am much more sad, quiet and introverted. Also there are dead people who attack humans. Mister Urokodaki started training me to fight them. We went and bought many weapons. Anything that looked lethal enough, guns, swords, etc. I particularly like swords more than guns. Then we trained and trained. We currently live far away from where the living dead are.
So we would have to struggle until they come. They will move though and eventually they will be everywhere. I just know it. I got better at defending myself. I still wasn't as skilled as Urokodaki but I was close. Years have gone by and I continue to have my hair long. In a low messy ponytail. I still have Sabito's friendship bracelet that he made.
It's the only thing I have left from him. The only thing that proves he was here on earth. I sigh and try not to get too wrapped up in my own thoughts. I shake my head and stand up and go over to Mr. Urokodaki. He was cooking dinner, my favorite dinner. It made me a bit happy and my eyes lightened a bit. I didn’t smile though, I don't think I fully remember how.
I also don't want to look stupid or weird so I don't. He finishes cooking and we get our shares and eat. Dinner is always silent, neither of us know what to say. What is there to say? During the day, he goes to work and I go to school. Then after school I train a lot. Soon I will have to get a job, I probably should have already. I am eighteen. At least I can legally drive. In a few months I will be graduating too.