Chapter 4

Giyuu’s POV
What is the point in getting a job, going to school or anything else? I honestly don't see any reason to live either. Maybe just for Urokodaki, because he lost everyone else. I can't let him down and break his heart anymore. The dead are coming and they will ruin our lives. I put away the dishes and run the dishwasher after dinner. Then while Urokodaki watches the news, I go take a shower.
The water is cold and not welcoming at all. I finish my shower and get ready for bed. Then I turn off the lights, lay down and close my eyes. When I wake up, I check my phone. 5 am, April first, April fools day. Nobody in the house goes along with any of it though.
I get up and train outside for a bit. Then I get ready for the day and eat breakfast. School starts at eight, so I grab my stuff. I tell Urokodaki goodbye and go outside. I go and wait at the bus stop. I can't wait for school to be over. I'll get a job and be able to train more. I get on the bus and kids are annoying me more than normal.
Trying to pull any jokes they can on me but I'm ignoring them. No need to socialize with kids who could be dead in a few years. Why hasn't anyone heard about the dead yet? They must have not wandered around more yet. For some reason, which makes no sense. I sigh and the bus stops at the school. I get off and carry on my routine.
Go through classes, then eat lunch with a few friends. I didn’t really want any friends but they wanted me around. Their names were Tanjiro, his sister Nezuko, Inosuke and Zenitsu. They were a chaotic bunch. After lunch I went through the rest of my classes and then went home. Once I got home, I went online and applied to a grocery store. Maybe they'll call for an interview and I'll get the job. Not like I really want to work though.
After I send in my application online, I go train. I don't have any hobbies or plans so I train most of my free time. I've definitely gotten stronger since the incident. At thirteen I was just a little boy, scared of the dead. Now I'm eighteen and focusing on living until the next dead attack.