Chapter 15

Giyuu’s POV
I decided to buy two tickets anyway, even though I have no one. I put them in my pocket and went to work. Then when at work the others told me happy Easter. So today is Easter, that explains all the chocolate bunnies people have been buying. I was waiting behind one of the cash registers for a customer. Then someone came and I looked up.

“Hi, were you able to find everything alright?”

Then I noticed it was Sanemi, he had one chocolate bunny. He set the chocolate bunny down on the conveyor belt and then I scanned it and asked if he wanted it in a bag. He shook his head and took the chocolate.

“When is your break? We can share this together.”

I'm not a big sweets person but after knowing him, I knew he was. Despite how angry and wild he is, his favorite thing to eat is sweets. I told him that my break is in twenty minutes and he nodded. Shinobu looked at me from afar and smirked, I knew she was onto me about my crush. After twenty minutes I went on break and Sanemi wanted me to spend it sitting outside with him. So I went outside and sat next to him in an empty part of the parking lot. He opened the chocolate bunny and broke it into pieces.
He handed me a few and started eating. Then I took a bite and it was really sweet. I prefer dark chocolate but it wasn’t bad. Sanemi looked like he was really enjoying it, smiling all big like that.
I finished my chocolate pieces because I was quite hungry myself.
I thought about the cruise again. Here I was sitting next to Sanemi eating chocolate, it felt special. Yet, I don’t think we are past friends… How lovely would it be to go on the cruise with him though? In our swim trunks, basking in the sun, listening to the waves. My face heated up and he looked confused. I didn’t know how to explain myself, he finished his chocolate and turned to face me.

“What’s up? You look lost in thought, a good thought for once though. Your face is all red.”

I was nervous and didn’t know what to say at all. I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out the two tickets. He leaned in and grabbed the tickets. He looked at them and then looked at me. I think he looked a bit disappointed but blushy at the same time.

“So you are going on a love cruise with someone? Who is the lucky person?”

“I have no one, but I was thinking… Just maybe we could go together.”

He blinked a few times and then handed me the tickets back. I thought that he was rejecting the idea and nodded. I felt bad and almost teared up but he spoke up again.

“That’d be fucking amazing. I can ask for some time off for when it is.”

I looked back at him and my face was probably really red. Then I checked the time and I had to go back inside. I stood up and he said goodbye and winked. I could feel my stomach making flips and I headed inside. Shinobu, Tengen and Kyojuro were all messing around.
They kept giving me weird looks and I knew they were doing that because of my crush. I shook my head and continued work, my mind focused solely on my future vacation. Just in a couple months I'll be on a cruise with Sanemi. Time felt like it went by slowly for the longest time.
Time was approaching slowly but it was approaching, it was now June. Sanemi and I have gotten closer. We are still the same good friends as always. My crush just continued to grow deeper and deeper though. Sanemi seems to think that we will be going on the cruise as friends.
I don't have the courage to try and say otherwise. So one more week went by and it was almost time for the cruise. The cruise was for four days. I packed my suitcase and sighed. Just in two days we will be on the cruise. I smiled and laid down for bed. Then I looked at my phone for the time. It was eleven o'clock. Then my phone started to ring. It was Sanemi, I wondered what he could possibly need to talk about at this hour?