Chapter 7

Giyuu’s POV
Shinobu and Tengen didn't seem to believe me. Kyojuro seemed interested and curious. I sighed and slowly lifted up my shirt. Might as well prove myself, even though it's not worth it. My six pack is now bare, showing off to the three of them. They all looked shocked and speechless.

"Wow Giyuu! I didn't know you worked out. Any reason why??"

She said that in her devious voice, purposely trying to get under my skin. As I was walking away, I answered her.

"I train each morning for when the dead come."

Then a bloody man came running into the store. He looked freaked out and upset, his nose and ankle were bleeding. Shinobu rushed over to him and we all followed.
She told him she'd be right back and went to go get some medical supplies.
The man was crying, but I don’t think he noticed. He was busy looking at his ankle and trying to stop from shaking. There were other people coming in now and I nodded to let Rengoku and Uzui go take care of their shifts. They had their jobs to do and standing here next to a depressed bloody man didn’t seem like something they wanted to do.
They are good guys but they have never dealt with something like this before. I have dealt with bloody sorrow so I understand. He reminds me of myself when I lost Sabito and the others. I wanted to ask him what happened.
He was in such a horrific mental state so I didn’t push and wiped his tears. He snapped out of it and wiped his nose. He didn’t speak up about me wiping his tears though he just looked at me in shock. Then he looked at his ankle in worry, I looked down at it and it was a bite mark. Not infected or anything but bloody, which seemed to surprise him more. Wait…

“Fucking hell!?”

I pulled him in close and looked him dead in the eyes with a serious face. I made sure I was quiet, just so the two of us could hear.

“The dead? Have you witnessed them, did they take away everything from you, like they did to  me..?”

He looked me straight in the eyes, and he started crying again. So the dead are back and are attacking. This is exactly what I had been preparing myself for all this time. Shinobu came back and gave him some tissues to hold his bloody nose.
He tilted his head back slightly to help and then she knelt down to his ankle. She seemed confused but cleaned it up and wrapped it in bandages. She looked like she wanted to ask questions but she didn’t. Which was the right course of action, if she spoke up, I don’t think he would be able to explain. I haven’t really been able to explain to anyone this whole time. It’s more of a… you have to see it to believe it-thing.
Well I nodded to him and I went to go get a piece of paper. Then I found one and a pen and put my phone number down. Then I went back and handed the paper to him, I nodded again and I think he understood my intentions. I then got to work, leaving them there and helping out a customer.