The Boy in The Tree

Darryl POV

I could barely walk from yesterday. Everything was sore. My dad had whipped me with his belt.
I didn't want anymore punishments, so I had to get rid of the chicken coop.
Maybe I can just move it to somewhere else? I think smartly

My dad had already left, and I was praying he wouldn't come back early again today.

I needed something to put my chickens in, because they might run away when I take apart their house.
I walked down the road again. I passed Margaret's house. Maybe I can ask for ideas?

I went up to their door, knocking on it, slightly hoping she was in the back again so I could see that boy.

No answer.

I sneakily went behind the house, where I saw Margaret.

"Hello, miss." I say. I didn't realize how sad I was until that moment.

"Hi Darryl! Do you have more eggs?" She asked

"No ma'am. My father wants me to get rid of my chicken coop. I was wondering if maybe you had anything I could put my chickens in." I said, sounding very bad.

She looked startled for a split second, and said, "Bear has an old cage if you want it." She said calmly

Bear? Who's bear?

She got a dog cage from inside their house. It was fairly big for such small chickens.
I gladly took it.
"Thank you!" I say

Before leaving, I look around for the boy, but I didn't see him.

I took the cage down the road, checking to see if my dad was following me every 10 seconds.
When I got home, I scooped up each chicken, and put them in the dog cage. I hid them in a bush, just in case my dad saw them if he came home early.

I took apart the coop and took it all the way out up the hill, where my dad never goes.
I put it back together, and put the chickens in it. My dad would kill me if he found out about this.

I had to return the cage, so I went back to their house and left it on the porch. I ran back to my house, because I had a really bad feeling that my dad was home.

He was home.

As soon as I saw him truck in the driveway, I started freaking out.
I went through the back door, sneaking in. But it was no use. He had found me.

"WHERE WERE YOU?! He screamed

"A-at Margaret's house." I stammered

"YOU NEVER GO BACK THERE!" He screamed again, grabbing my hair so I would look into his eyes.

"Yes sir." I say, keeping my tears in. (Yessir)

He let go, and I went to my room.

Zak POV

It was completely dark outside, except for the stars that shined in the night.
The house was quiet, only filled with David's snores. I crawled out of bed, and stole a flashlight Margaret kept in a cabinet. I creaked the door open, trying to make no noise as possible.

I successfully made it outside. I took and easy route from the house to the woods behind the field.

I climbed a giant tree, sitting on one of the branches. I shined the flashlight around, spotting a rabbit.
A bush shook, and I thought it was another rabbit. But I saw hazel eyes, lightly browned hair.
It was too big to be a rabbit.

I jumped from the tree, quick pain left my ankles and I ran in fear. I ran back to the house. I did not want to be eaten by some large creature.

Darryl POV

I was in the woods at night. I usually done this, but I heard someone's feet crunching in the dead leaves. I dove to a bush, hiding there.

It was the black haired boy, sitting in a tree.

I was about to crawl out to say hello, but he gave me a frightened stare. He jumped and ran all the way back home, his flashlight rocking.

I felt sad, and I started my way home. I decided that maybe he would be there tomorrow, and so I could talk to the precious boy.

IM SORRY ITS SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER AHHHH