Back Again?

Zak POV

I woke up cheerful that morning, because me and Darryl finally found a way to talk to each other. I don't think Darryl was obsessed with wanting to know me like I did with him.
I was bored all evening, all I could think about was Darryl, and last night. I was beyond excited for tonight.

I wad outside, swishing the stick through the grass like normal. I sighed, and I heard Margaret call my name.

I lazily went up to her, "Yes?"

"David made a some sort of a deal with that boy's dad." She gave me a check, "Can you go down the road and give this to him?"

"Th-the boy? Like Darryl?" I asked, taking the check

She nodded, "So, is it a yes?"

"Yes! Of course!" I replied, already beginning to start my way there.

As soon as I saw their house, I smiled to myself. I also got some bad memories.
I stepped onto the porch, and knocked slowly on the door.

The familiar man came to the door and said, "Oh, you again!"

I nodded, "I have your check from David." I say, while handing it to him.
He grabbed it and shoved it into his pocket. "Bout time." He murmured.
"Come inside." He said gruffy, and stepped aside to let me in. I walked in calmly, and I saw that the house was quite messy.

The man handed me a packet, and told me it was filled with seeds. He started blabbering about why the seeds were so important to David, which somehow led to him talking about the government?
I looked around while he kept talking to himself, not even caring about listening.
I see a door that was slightly creaked open, and a pair of eyes were watching me. I recognized those eyes as Darryl's eyes.

I smiled at him. I'm pretty sure he smiled back, but I only saw his eyes.
Suddenly, Darryl's dad stopped talking. I glanced at him, with wide eyes.

"What are you looking at back there?!" He asked.

"Uhm." I looked down. "Your beautiful house?"

"Yeah yeah, get out of my house." He scowled.

I got out of their house and back to mine.

Finally, the sun was setting and I heard David get in bed with Margaret.
My feet dangled off the side of my bed, and I stepped onto the cold hard floor.
I grabbed my shoes and dashed outside to the woods, running so swiftly I hardly made any noise.

I went to the big tree where I always sat. I heard a distant noise, the sound of leaves crunching.

I looked at Darryl and greeted him. He smiled in response.

We didn't say much to each other, just gazing at the stars together. My hands met his, intertwining our fingers. I blushed, enjoying what was happening.
After 20 minutes of watching the moon, making small talk, and me sorta flirting with him, it was eventually time to go back home.

"Again tomorrow?" I asked, and the cute boy in front of me nodded.
We went different directions, and the sky lit up with gold. I was tired as heck, but it was worth it if I got to talk to Darryl.

(542 words)

I'm sorry I wasn't posting 😴

Me and my friend got lice

👲🕺