Well?

"Are you.... jealous?"

TW abuse/threats, swearing :(

Darryl POV

I stared at him with a blank face.
Should I answer? I wondered to myself.
Just then from behind, we heard the loud sound of someone running towards us with the leaves crunching loudly.
Me and Zak exchanged wide eyes and both ran back to our houses, forgetting about the question he asked me

I was so nerve wrecked and out of breathe that I forgot it was nighttime, and my Dad was obviously asleep. So of course my footsteps woke him up.
I was in the kitchen to grab a towel to wipe the mud I brought with me, hoping Zak made it back home safely and unseen.

I jumped when I looked over my shoulder to see my Dad in nothing but boxers give me a very unpleasant angry look, his eyes wide open with a death glare.
In his hands was the same belt he always uses to hurt me.

"Why the HELL ARE YOU OUT OF BED!" He yelled, already hitting his belt on the ground as a threat.

"I-I was u-um..." I mumbled

Run. Just do it Darryl. So I did. I ran outside, running from the yells and curses of my Dad. I ran through the woods (forgetting that someone found me and Zak's meeting spot), and all the way to Zak's house.
I found a low window, and quickly looked inside. Despite my luck, I guessed on first try that it was to Zak's room.

My arms supported the rest of my body on the window sill, I was repeatedly rapped on Zak's window.
His head jerked upward, and looked around with a confused look. He looked at his window and saw my face. What a sight for him.

He immediately unlocked and opened my window, grabbed my arms and pulling me through.

"Darryl, what are you doing here?" Zak whispered, taking the twigs and leaves out of my hair.

"M-my Dad." I answered weakly.

Zak face turned into a mixture of anger and sadness.

"You can stay here tonight." Zak said strongly, sticking with his answer.

I sniffed a little and Zak shut his window again. He patted a space on his bed next to his side, and I crawled in.

We lay next to each other in silence, when Zak suddenly turned to face me and asked me again, "So were you jealous?"

"Zak, can we talk about this tomorrow." I whimpered

Zak sighed in frustration, "Fine."

Zak POV

I knew that Darryl is my best friend, so I need to protect him. But I really really really want him to answer the question.

Darryl started falling asleep, and I was just laying there without a sound, thinking of things.

Do I actually like Jess?

I don't think so. Just because she kissed me doesn't mean I like her.

Do I actually like Darryl?

Maybe.

Am I not straight?

Definitely.

I love Darryl.

How will I break this news to Jess?

AYYY CHAPTER 14 EVERYONE