Hey Jess...

TW swearing

Zak POV

I woke up earlier because I didn't want Margaret to come in my room to see me sleeping with a boy. She would have freaked.

I gently nudged Darryl with my hands to wake him up. After a couple seconds he was rubbing his eyes.

"Zak, thank you so much for letting me stay tonight." He says with tired eyes

"Darryl, I would do anything for you." I tell him back.

My sentence hung in the air for awhile.

We both crawled out of bed when a sudden noise of someone walking up the creaky stairs came towards us. Margaret.

"Hurry, into the closet." I hissed at Darryl while pushing him my tight closet.

Margaret came in, and looked at me, "Your awake!" She said happily

"I thought I heard voices..." She added with a hint of suspicion

"Oh that was just me... uhhh... practicing my vocals?" I told her foolishly

She gave me a 'I can tell your lying but I honestly don't care' face, and left.
I went into the closet where Darryl was. I smirked at him, and his blushing face.
I bit my lip and held back the urge to just kiss him, right there. But sometimes, your brain doesn't listen to you or your pleads, especially when your near someone you "like like" (as people at my school say.)

I lean in, watching Darryl's lips. He turned away so I didn't see his red face. We both got out of the closet, feeling slightly disappointed.

After we both got ready for school (Darryl in my clothes), we made sure no one was watching and sneaked out the door, running to school. Amazingly, yesterday I told David I was walking to school. The cool kids walk.

When we were about halfway to school, we slowed down.

"Hey Darryl?"

"Yeah?"

"You never answered my question, if you were jealous."

"..."

"Darryl?"

"I was, Zak." He sighs, disappointed

My face heated up, and I hugged Darryl tightly. He slowly hugged back, confused.

We walked the rest of the way in silence.

Lunch period, I asked Darryl if me and Jess could talk alone. He gave me a slight glare and said yes.

Me and Jessica sat next to each other at the table

"Hey Jess..." I began

"Hi Zak!" She said grinning

"So I need to talk to you." I say nervously

"Sure!" She says, and starting rubbing my back soothingly.

"I-I..."

"You what?" Jess asked

"I don't love you. I only see you as a friend." I shut my eyes and swallowed. She stopped rubbing my back.

I peek my left eye, and see that her face crumpled a little.

"Zak."

"Uhhm yeah?" I ask

"I'm LGBTQ too." She answered

I opened my eyes fully, "You are?"

"Yeah. I was actually kicked from my friend group after I came out to them."

"That sucks."

"I understand you love Darryl."

"How did you know?" I blushed.

She giggled, "Its so obvious!"

We started laughing.

I spied out where Darryl was, where he was poking his food (whatever it was) with a plastic fork.

"You need help with telling him?" Jess smirked

I dropped down, silently asking her.

"Here's the plan," she whispered in my ear, "You wait until the end of school to do it. At night. It'll be more cute that way."

"Then what?"

"You kiss him, dumbass." She said joke like

I giggled, and peeked at Darryl's table, to see him giving us the death stare. When he saw me looking at him, he quickly ducked his head away.

"We should probably stop ignoring Darryl now. He's getting mad." I say, giggling more at how cute his jealousy was.

We brought our trays to Darryl's table, and we sat on either side of him. Darryl scooted a little closer to me than Jess.

"Darryl." I say, clearing my throat.

"Yeah?"

"Me and Jess don't like each other, we're just going to be friends." I say

"Okay." Darryl says dull, but in his eyes I can see his excitement

Me and Jess exchanged evil looks from behind Darryl's back, and before we knew it, it was the end of the lunch period.

At math class, Mrs. DragonsPlopOK started ranting about the government, I quickly wrote a small note.

Go to the woods tonight. Its important.

I excused myself to get a tissue, which were right by Darryl's desk.
I pulled a tissue out of the box and coughed into it, after I swiftly passed the note on Darryl's desk. He grabbed it quickly, and slid it into his book.

I hope my plan goes accordingly.