First Time Hurts?

Zak POV

Me and Darryl actually know each other very well now. We call ourselves best friends.
Jessica has been eating with us at the lunch table, she quit eating with her old friends. And, I didn't know this before, but Jessica is in a lot of my classes. Jess is probably my second best friend.

Since Darryl is only in my math and lunch period, I honestly see Jess more than him. We are still good friends though, still giving each other funny looks in math until we have to hold in laughs.

Me and Jess were walking to math class together one evening. She was ranting about girl things, and I was spying for Darryl.

"Zak?" She asked suddenly

"Yeah?" I asked back, caught off guard

She didn't say anything, but instead started to lean in, forcing me against the wall. On reflex, I leaned in too.
Our lips crashed together sloppily, and her hand was on my shoulder. I almost dropped my books, surprised at how this felt.

We pulled back, and she smiled at me after I wiped my mouth. I smiled back.
"I love you Zak." She whispered

"I-" I started to say, but then I caught Darryl's glance. He saw everything.
I smiled at him, but his usual cheerful face was stone cold. It made my heart hurt.

Jess grabbed my hand and led me all the way to math class, in which we were almost late to.

As Mrs. DragonsPlopOK, started talking about politics or something instead of math, I stared at Darryl, trying to catch his eye.
He looked at me once, and I smiled at him real happy, but he only looked down at the floor in return.

I don't know what, but something felt wrong.