Chapter 19 - All My Fault

(Skylar POV)

My head was pounding and I could hear ringing in my ears. The last thing I remember happening was falling into a fish tank at the aquarium.

"That's right! The aquarium!" I thought as I quickly opened my eyes, but had to close them again due to the bright white light shining directly above.

Where was I? Had I died? Thoughts clouded up my mind as I lay there with ringing ears, a pounding head, and closed eyes.

Then, I heard voices, followed by footsteps.

"You said we would check her health and then give her back to those boys in the aquarium! We didn't agree to this!" One of them said

Was he talking about me?

"I don't care, Hyunmin! Do you understand how rare this is?" Another person responded to who I'm assuming was Hyunmin.

I heard a door open and the footsteps got louder. Someone stepped into the room I was in.

"Hey. Are you awake yet?" Hyunmin whispered

I opened my eyes again and observed my surroundings. I was in a glass cage on a table in white room, similar to the one in my dream. I saw Hyunmin looking at me through the glass. I scrambled back, shaking in fear.

What was he going to do to me?

Like he read my mind, Hyunmin said; "I'm not going to hurt you."

"Then why am I in this cage?"

"I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm so so sorry. I was the one who found you in the tank. I just wanted to take you here to make sure you didn't get sick. Then Dr. Lee found you and he said-"

"I said what?" A tall male entered the room. He was wearing a lab coat.

"N-nothing." Hyunmin stuttered

"Then who were you talking to?"

I silently hoped Hyunmin wouldn't look at me, but he did. His eyes darted to my cage for half a second before Dr. Lee came my way.

"It's awake!" He exclaimed

"Skylar's not an 'it'" Hyunmin said through gritted teeth.

"Ahhh so you have a name." Dr. Lee tapped the glass, making me flinch

"P-please l-let me go." I stuttered, shaking with every word

(3rd POV)

Seeing the way Dr. Lee was treating Skylar made Hyunmin's blood boil. He felt horrible for her. Hyunmin knew that the group in the aquarium cared deeply for Skylar and he wished that he could do something to help free her. But what? The lab was heavily guarded and Hyunmin knew that he'd be watched like a hawk by Dr. Lee.

So, Hyunmin decided to call Taeyong.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After he got home, Hyunmin dialed the number Taeyong had put in his phone.

"Hello?" Taeyong could be heard on the other end of the line

"Hi. I need your help."

"What? Who is this?"

"It's one of the employees from the aquarium."

"Oh. What do you need my help with? Is Skylar okay? Did she wake up yet? Is she sick?"

"Skylar isn't sick and she woke up, but she's in trouble."

"Trouble? What kind of trouble?"

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault."