Univited Guest

*Uninvited Guest *

                 Nathaniel had managed to calm his mother down, due to the fact there was a big crowd because the president of Sport Inc had been stuck in the elevator. Looking around the floor, his eyes searched for Leila, but he saw no sign of her. Turning to the man that had opened the door of the elevator he asks. “Have you seen the young lady that was with me in the elevator?” he asked.

“Yes sir” The man answered. “The young lady left while you talking” shit! Nathaniel thinks!

“Thank you” he answered while his mother comes around. “Let’s go Nathaniel; I need to speak to you” she informed him, as she started to walk. Her mother’s action didn’t fail her attitude; which screamed aristocratic bitch; but no matter how mean his mother seemed to be, at least she was better than his father. Walking outside, they step into the limousine and already, his mother’s criticizing starts. “Nathaniel, I don’t even want to know what was happening in that elevator; but you must never do that again”

“Mother!”

“Nathaniel, I understand that maybe, there is a sadistic part of you that want to know how it feels to fornicate with these people, but you mustn’t.” she scolds. “You are a Harrington, and you will never have anything to do with people that aren’t your race”

“Mother I was not, I was simply helping her because she was panicking. I promise, it will not happen again”

“Well, I sure hope not, and make sure not a word of what happens today reaches your father,” she said, while placing a cigarette between her lips.

“Mother; can you not?” Nathaniel asked; waving his hands in order to wave the cigarette smoke.

“Oh fine. I don’t know why you make it such a big deal, its just smoke”

“Well I don’t like it. Kill yourself, not me”

“What? You’re becoming an advocate too?” his mother asked sarcastically. “Its just what I needed, you going against the Tobacco Company. You know your uncle is one of the major share holders.”

“No, I just would rather you keep your smoking to yourself. That’s all mother.” Nathaniel answered.

  Leila had walked away from Nathaniel without a word. Dazed and confused. Was it her imagination or were they on the brink of kissing. She would never found out now thanks to his mother that had clearly made it known that she didn’t t like her. How dare that woman call her filth! If it wasn’t for the manners that her parents thought her; she would of gave that lady a piece of her mind. But she is glad that she didn’t. Leila always tries to avoid conflict, ever since she was a little girl. She wanted to avoid as being identified with the stereotypical black girl and she is please that she didn’t let her nerves get to her.

                    She couldn’t even believe that that wretched lady is Nate’s mother. She is nothing like him. That lady fucking called her filth! Filth! Her! Calm down Leila. She said to herself as she whistles a taxi and hopes on. She was going to take her day off and she was going to enjoy it because at this rate; there is no way she would be able to do any work.

 Reaching his condo building with his mother; all he can think about is Leila. Whether she went to her work, or whether she had decided to go home. Entering the elevator with his mother by his side, Nathaniel pulls out his iphone and sends Leila a text “Hey are you okay? You left before I got a chance to say goodbye. We need to talk. Call me when you can. Please”it read. The elevator doors opened to the penthouse floor and Nathaniel accompanied his mother inside his condo.