Going to Rehab (part 1)

Nathaniel stirred as he lifted his body from his bed. He looked over to his left and found Leila soundly asleep. It had been three months. Three amazing months and it seemed that his addiction had gotten worst.  He had thought by now they would be dome, but the more he made love to her, the more she made him laugh, the  more he kissed her. The deeper he fell for her. He had mange to keep their relationship balanced, taking her out, sometimes out of the City and they’d just enjoy each other. The crazy part  was that it became more than just physical for him. Sometimes they would enjoy being in bed with each other, caressing, and nothing more and he’d fall asleep in her arms... happy. She had turned his hard shell soft; she had made him brand new.

                He’d woken up earlier than he wanted today and as much as he wanted to spend the day with her; he had a board meeting to attend. The new campaign was almost ready and he was so proud to see her place so much effort in his company, sometimes as she worked on his desk in his home office, he found himself starring at her. Everything she did, she did it with life. Many times, he had told himself that he must stop the relationship before they could get anymore attached. He didn’t want to hurt her; she was such an amazing person and he didn’t want to be the cause of her hurt. He knew he knew that all this had to stop; he couldn’t give her what she wanted, sooner or later she was going to ask for more. She was going to make him meet her parents, and she would want to be presented to his. She had an idea of what his parents were like, but she just didn’t know to which degree. They wouldn’t accept her. He couldn’t be with her forever. He couldn’t offer more than this and sooner or later, she would tire of it and leave.

                Nathaniel looked down at Leila’s sleeping body and wondered what spell she had casted on him, no matter how much he tried, he couldn’t pull away. As he arranged his tie in place, he bent down to place a small kiss on her forehead to say goodbye,  but before he came back up, her eyes flew open  “Nathaniel,” she said groggily.

“Good morning beautiful”

“Morning.” She said with a smile. “Where are you going so early?”

“To the board meeting sweetheart,” he told her as he crouched on his knees in order to look in her eyes. “You know there is nothing I would love more than staying in bed with you, but I promise, I’ll see you at lunch; is that okay?”

“Okay.” She said with a sigh and he quickly placed his lips on hers. Gosh that would never get old. Her lips tasted just as sweet as the first time he kissed her and he relish in the taste.

“Don’t forget to lock the door on your way out” He told her as he picked up his briefcase and left his apartment. Nathaniel still couldn’t believe that for the first time in his life, he had given the key to his apartment to a woman. But somehow, after he always wanted for her to spend the nights with him and little by little, they entered a morning routine and by now most of her clothes were at his, and one day. He went to the locksmith and got an extra key made. Which in turn made her turn and give him an extra key to her apartment, not that he needed it since Leila usually came straight up to his apartment.

                In the past three months, he had gotten to be a better person. Due to Leila , he was forced to be around people that never in his life would he have imagine, sitting and having conversation with, especially people like Thomas. He had even grown to tolerate his constant compliments of a Greek god. But most importantly, he had learned that not all gay man would automatically try to turn him gay. He felt comfortable around Thomas. Well as comfortable as he could. Of course he had more things he needed to figure out, but for the most part, he was fine when Thomas greeted him. Many times, He and Leila’s friends would go to dinner, and honestly it felt good to be part of a group. Now, he didn’t only have Mike, he also had Merlina’s husband Marco had become very close. Now he didn’t only have a group of friends, but for the first time in a long time, he had genuine friends that he hung out with when the girls had their nights out and it felt great.