The Decision

*** Hey You guys*** The reason  why its taken me so long to update is because I had hit the shouder and its taken me a little longer but bare with me as this book has only a few more chapters to go.  :))) 

    Once Mike has turned off all the transmitting electronics in the room, Nathaniel knew that it was left to him to take him back.  Turning to her, he came close to her ears and said, “Want to get out of here?”  But she stood motionless. “Leils, please” he begged before she shook her head in agreement and he took her hand and led her out of the room. He used the back entry to leave and spotted his black Mercedes that he had his chauffeur bring from the condo and walk hand in hand with Leila towards it. She hadn’t said a word, but she hadn’t fought Nathaniel either. He opened the door for her and she slipped in without. The silence was beginning to aggravate him, but being without her aggravated him more so he would take what she would give. He drove hard and fast, needing to be alone with her, needing to talk to her. As he drove, he looked at her looking straight ahead at traffic lights. She did not even attempt to look his way. Once they reached their condo building, a building Nathaniel remembered that held so many memories of them together. He drove to the parking garage and parked the car. The moment the engine stopped roaring Leila opened the door and walked out, but to his surprise she didn’t walk off. She just stood, waiting on him.

  Thousands of thoughts were processing through Leila’s mind, no, millions. She wanted to understand yet she was furious, and then she wanted to be furious but was overjoyed, and then wanted to hate but was irrevocably in love. What was she suppose to say to a man that left her on the issue of race, but what could she say to a man that had risk everything in the need of wanting her back. ‘He destroyed his own father’ Leila thought to herself as Nathaniel got out the car and smiled slightly at her. Not that the man did not deserve it, but it was done by his own son. And it wouldn’t have had happened if she weren’t in the picture. She took in a deep breath, and closed her eyes. She couldn’t find the right answer, the right solution, so when Nathaniel came to her side and took her hand, she let him. Let him lead her to wherever he wanted.

    The elevator ride was slow, painfully so. She hadn’t been so close to him months and the heat that he radiated bounced from his waves to hers. He stood across from her, on the other side of the elevator as they rode up. His piercing eyes evaluating her. She kept focus on her gold pumps, but his stare touched her skin, she felt it everywhere, from her toes to her breast, to the back of her neck. The silence between them deafened the ears, but she had yet to find words to say to him. When the elevator sound rung indicating that they were at their destination, Nathaniel’s penthouse, her heart leapt with fear and excitement.  He let her walk out first, watching her every move with his icy blue eyes as he followed suit behind her. She saw him slip the key into the door and she closed her eyes, questioning the implications of this step, stepping into his apartment. But nevertheless, she let her golden platform shoes make contact with the wooden floors of his apartment.  She opened her eyes to find that it was just how she had left it; nothing had moved, nothing had changed. At the corner of her eyes, she saw her light pink sweater that she had search restlessly for, seating at the back of one of the black mahogany dinner table chairs. She heard him close the door behind her and her pulse started to accelerate. “Leils” he heard her call her name. God, she really liked when he said her name. She missed it, especially in the nights when he would wake up and she would be on the other side of the large California King size bed, and he would pat the her side and not find her close and would moan her name in displeasure that she was too far away “Leils you’re too far from me,” he would tell her and she would happily roll to him, letting him wrap his arm around her torso and kiss her hair before he fell into a slumber yet again. “Leils, we have to talk sweetheart, you can’t just block me out,” he told her as he walked to her. He made his way towards her so that he faces her. She looked up to face him, to look him in his eyes, but she felt her knees tremble. “Leila, it wasn’t my choice to leave you darling, but I was…”