C 2

Me and Catherine are currently hanging out at the field of school. It was already three in the afternoon, our teacher didn't attend to our class and we used it as an opportunity to get some fresh air.

" I don't like our new teacher, she seems terror." Cath said referring to Ms. Irene Marcos and sipped her milk shake.

"You think so?" She nodded. "Why are you even asking? Tinarayan niya kaya tayo kanina." Cath frowned, and I just chuckled. My mind is occupied thinking about her. I don't really care if she's a heartless teacher or whatsoever, all I wanna do is to stare at her no matter how long it is.

After a minutes, someone approached us and she asked Cath to come over at the council room. She's part of student council, having her as my bitch friend is advantage for me.

I decided to go to the rooftop since it'll be pretty to watch the sunset there tho the sun is still quite far from the horizon.

As I am walking into the empty corridor, someone gripped on my arm.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ms. Marcos eyes are sharper than the knife when I looked at it.

"Why do you care? You're not my teacher at this hour." I throw some attitude. I know it's not right to talk back but I really need some air. First, she didn't answer my question that caused me embarrassment earlier in her class. Are you crazy Ariella Dominique Hughes? What if she's divorced? What if it hurts her feeling? Maybe the question is too personal.

"And so? Don't you think it's good to miss your class?" She finally let go of my arm and crossed her arms. Hold me more.

"Whatever." I ignored her question and was about to step up the stair but her stern yet soft voice made me stop, "Ariella."  

"Fine." I said defeatedly. I saw her smirk and turn her back to go back where she came from. What is she doing to this empty corridor by the way? Is she following me? No. Stop daydreaming, Ariella. Bold of me to think that a beautiful women like her will follow me here.

It's already 4:50 in the afternoon, everyone were busy taking their way home. Catherine is nowhere to be found so I'm here standing at the  shed outside the school waiting for my dad to pick me up.

I have no one here at school except Catherine. Everyone's seems a bitch. She's my friend since I'm on my grade ten level.
The dark clouds slowly replacing the bright sky indicating that it will rain anytime soon. 

I waited more minutes until my wristwatch says it's already 5:15pm. The rain already poured. I kicked the rock beside my feet out of annoyance.

"Not now, dad." I groan and sit at the waiting shed. I have enough money to call a grab but I don't want to since I think about the murder case I'm watching on Netflix. What if the grab driver kidnapped me? What if they slice my face into two? I don't wanna die ugly.

Dad texted me that he can't make it and told me to just ride a taxi. He's a busy person, no wonder. I put my phone inside my bag and was about to let myself soak in the rain when a black sedan car pulled over in front of me. The window slowly rolled down and revealed who is inside it.

"Ms. Marcos.." I whispered.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" I heard her say.

I blinked a couple of times before it all sank in my brain. This woman is actually offering me a ride home? Well, I'm not complaining. I settled myself beside her and she turn on the engine.

"What's your address?" Her words has no emotion and didn't even bother to look at me. You just don't know how hot you are for doing that.

"Forbes Park Makati First District Cambridge Circle." I simply replied. She finally glanced at me before turning her attention to the road.

The whole ride is quiet. I also feel guilty for talking back at her. My heart is beating so fast. Calm down Ariella, it's just your teacher.

I wonder why the guard of our village didn't stop her car. Maybe because the guard saw me. But her car is tinted. Does she live in the same village? Well, the village where I live in is quite big.

She asked me what's the number of my house which I gladly told her. After a minutes, she gently pulled over in front of my house. It's still raining so I have no choice but to get out and escape with this awkward situation.

I was about to unbuckle my seatbelt but I hardly unlock it myself. Embarrass yourself more, Ariella. I attempt many times but it couldn't. What's wrong with this seatbelt?!

"Let me," She uttered. She gently pushed herself and doing her best to also unbuckle the seatbelt. I was being distracted to her scent and her neck. Her perfume is so satisfying. Her cleavage is slightly peeking on her white blouse. What on earth am I thinking? She might be married or have a boyfriend or maybe have a child. For a million times, stop Ariella.

"Thank you.." I said when she finally pulled herself. She didn't look at me nor smile. I get it, the most cold-hearted person I've ever met. After I step out with her car, she starts the engine until she disappeared from my sight.

What a day, Ariella.

____

To be continued..