C 30

I checked every stuffs in my luggage, feeling excited about the beach trip with Luis and his mother.

And yes, Luis made her to come with us. I wonder what kind of ritual he did just for his mother to agree.

"Sun screen..sun glasses..and hat.." I whispered putting my personal things in the transparent small bag.

"Are you done packing, babe?" He asked, and snake his arm in my shoulder. 

"Uh- huh, do you think I forgot something?" I asked and look up at him.

"Yeah," He smiled, "what is it?" I asked innocently.

"Your smile, you forgot to smile," my nose flared and I could feel my cheeks heated.

"Sira!" I playfully slap his lap and shooed him away.

"Dun kana nga!" He just laughed and went back to his business. 

_____

Luis helped me to carry my luggage and put them in our car's trunk. I could feel the excitement all over my system, thingking about the ocean, the white sand, and that familiar light of a sun in the beach.

"We're gonna fetch mom to her house before we head to the airport," he said and buckled his seatbelt.

"Alright." I simply answered as I am busy informing mom about our five days vacation.

And speaking of them, my family is still unaware that Luis mother was the woman who used to have a special place in my heart, and the woman I kept from them. I am still confused how I am gonna tell them, knowing that they already knew we had a romantic relationship before.

It was traffic causing us to arrived a lil bit of late. Luis step out of the car and greeted his mother, helping her to get her luggage. I was about to greet her as well but she pretended she's busy looking for something in her shoulder bag. Yeah, taking her glasses. 

She did not smiled at me and just simply slide down her sun glasses at the bridge of her nose, wearing her plain expression. I wonder what made her like that this morning. I should have get used to it, she was like that even before. It's like, she's bubbly like a sunny day in summer and tomorrow after, she's like a vampire who loves cloudy and dim weather that connects to her mood who don't smile at all.

"Shall we?" Luis interrupted and panted a little with his hands on his hips, I nodded and the woman went directly to the back seat leaving us behind speechless. 

My boyfriend spoke when the car already entered the parking lot of an international airport.

"Is dad okay, mom? He told me that he don't want to come in this trip as he's very busy," I checked her through the mirror but I could see her eyes at edge are busy looking outside the window.

She cleared her throat, "h-he's fine," she says and softly pinched her nose, "your daddy's fine, he's just a busy person." Luis only replied with a nod. 

As soon as we stepped out of the car, Luis ask for assistance with our luggages to bring it inside the plane we're gonna use to transport going to Maldives, paying huge amount of money for it.

The older woman just standing behind us, watching everything we do with her arms crossed. We wait for more than fifteen minutes before they announced that the airplane we will use is ready. 

Luis bought a business class seats for the three of us so we will have a comfortable flight up there.

"Babe," Luis called out while the tall woman just smoothly positioned herself with her designated soft seat.

"Why?" I went closer to him as he was standing at the egde of the airplane aisle, "what's wrong?" I asked when he scratch his head with his finger.

"I had a different number of seat, and it wasn't next to you. Is it okay that you sit beside my mom?" Of course, who would not? Kidding, folks.

I nodded, "yeah, sure." I simply replied.

"That would be great, enjoy the flight, babe." He kissed my forehead before he went to his seat. I waved my fingers and he just smiled and wink at me.

That sudden nervousness supersede in my chest as boarding in any kind of vehicles or aircrafts scare the hell out of me. I wonder how I get here in California with that kind of fear.

After a moment of  estimating, I went to my seat beside her and awkwardly relaxed my arms in the arms-seat.

"Nervous that much?" She asked and pushed her eye glasses at the top of her head, I nodded. 

"Still the girl I know who has a weak paunch, " she lightly chuckled. I smiled discreetly as she still remember something about me, though it was a terrible remembrance about me.

The flight attendant announced that the airplane will depart after five minutes, telling us to buckled our seatbelts already. Plane engine's whirrs started to make me feel panic inside. I puckered my lips and shut my eyes like a child, praying that it'll just flew away like a paper plane I used to play when I was just a kid.

"Hold my hand," she said in a low tone, I hesitatingly look at her next to her hand with my berestless eyes and gulped my own saliva as my conscience and urge to hold her hand were fighting what I should do.

"Are you sure?" I asked, she nodded.

The plane started to move, causing me to held her hand tight. I could feel the airplane started to depart from the land until last thing I knew, everything went to normal..we're already floating in the sky. I opened my one eye and saw a sun setting in the horizon. 

It somehow relaxed me and realized that every denouement isn't always unlovely. We can always find something beautiful with the things we considered crummy.

Sunset with her..I shook my head when my own thoughts slap me hard, that what am I thinking isn't right.

I loosen my grip to her hand and placed my hand in my lap, "thank you. It makes me feel better," I truthfully said.

"Just returning the goodness you did for me," she said, my heart felt pang. Yes, I should know that.

It was already 10 p.m. when Luis asked me if I need a snack so he could ask for it, but I just shook my head no.

"Alright, tell me when you need something, okay?" He smiled at me and glanced to his mother, sleeping peacefully.

"Okay. Thanks, babe," I said and placed him a kiss before letting him go.

I looked to the person beside me who's sleeping like an angel. So pure yet so fragile. I hate myself for thingking about something I shouldn't suppose to. She's the mother of my fiance, and I have to remind myself for that no matter how repetitive it takes.

"Staring is a crime," she suddenly said with her eyes closed, making me blush effortlessly. 

"I would love to be jailed if that's the case," I mentally slap my forehead when I realized how I casually flirted with her.

She smirked and finally open her eyes, "take it slow down, my soon to be daughter-in-law," she said in a teasing tone, taking phone in her purse and act in a complete nonchalance.

I just shook my head in admiration and didn't respond at all.

_____

To be continued...

A/N: Road to six months to this story! Yes, I started making this on March 1, 2022. Ridiculous to think how lazy I am to finish this one huhu, thanks much for the support, folks! :)