C 9

We're hanging out at the hallway talking about what happened to me. It's been two days already. My friend Catherine was worried sick about me but I told her not to anymore as I am already fine.

"Thankfully, andun si Ms. Marcos at Margaret. Naku ka." Cath scolded but me and Maggie just chuckled.

"I think there's something in my eyes." I uttered when I feel little spiky thing inside my eyes. I turn to Margaret and let her see what is it.

"Are you alright?" Cath asked, I nodded. "Open your eyes, and I'm gonna blow it." Margaret whispered which I gladly did.

"Ayan..okay na?" She asked, I blinked my eyes multiple times and it doesn't hurt anymore.

"Thanks." I winked at her and we all went back to  our classroom. I saw Ms. Marcos organizing her table to start her class, too early. The bell haven't ring yet. That's new. Her water bottle is still on my backpack and I'm hesitating if I'm gonna return it or not, I feel like my body is shrinking thinking about talking to her. Who wouldn't? Her cold aura is in again.

She adjust the frame of her glasses that made me smile unconsciously. An epitome of beauty indeed. Why do I need to sleep when I can daydream anyway?

"Walang pakpak ang utak mo pero lumilipad." Catherine snickered together with Maggie and do the high five. Can I sell these two even for at least one hundred thousand per head?

"By the way, are you gonna come to our school camping? It'll happen next week." Maggie said. "Uh- huh, supreme students officers had a meeting yesterday and we already planned everything, but of course with the participation of teachers and the school." Catherine joined in the topic. I almost forget, she's SSG vice- president.

"Maybe, I will not. A lot of students will come and for sure it'll be crowded." I vaguely uttered and sit properly. Maggie pulled her chair closer to me and put her hand around my shoulder, "Only the grade twelve students will come, and every section has different schedule naman." Maggie said, my gaze accidentally met Ms. Marcos eyes but she quickly divert her sight by rolling her eyes. What a suplada. You acted so worried about me the other day but you are making me feel how you easily forget that now. What are you?

"Ms. Marcos will come." Catherine whispered the two of us. Really? She doesn't look like the person who engage herself to such thing. Can't you remember, Ariella? She told you to leave her alone and don't talk to her again. Right, I should have not make it obvious. If we're meant, we're meant.

"I'll try." I answered and the school alarm already rang.

                                     ^^

I am currently at the library reviewing my pre- calculus subject as we'll have a quiz this afternoon. Our teacher give us a minutes to preview our notes before the test. Margaret isn't with me because she's in training of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) team while Cath is in the council room. How I wish I have position too here in our school, so I can also escape with  this quiz.

It's just me and the librarian inside the library. Most of the students in private school are too lazy to explore their eyes on the books, it's either they are spoiled brat or trying hard to be cool. They're just like a mannerless wannabe bitches  trying to be savage I must say. I'm a lazy ass but  my grades is good, queen behavior I think? No, I sounds like a pick me girl.

I was about to stand up but I saw Ms. Marcos talking to the librarian, her gaze stop on me and I pretend I'm not looking at her by reading the book in my hand. Her heels making a sound in this quiet room, and it's kinda satisfying to hear it.

She stop in front of my table and I saw her by the side of my sight looking at me, "I didn't know kaya mo palang magbasa kahit nakabaliktad ang libro." She let out a soft chuckle and fix the position of the book in my hand. I could hardly move when I noticed the book in my hand is upside down. Am I too obvious? Yes, I am. Mentally cursing all the devils around me.

"Oh, sorry." That's the only words I've said between the embarrassment and my flushing red cheeks. She didn't respond and proceed to nook of the library. I quickly followed her and saw she's tracing the books at the shelves, looking for something I guess.

"Ma'am, I just want say thank you for helping me to calm down the other day when I was having a panic attack." I uttered and wait her to respond. I'm talking to her again, nice. 

"It's good, you're fine already. I also wanna say that school isn't a place for flirting." She emotionlessly said and continue to look for books one by one. Is she talking about me or Maggie and I earlier at the hallway at the classroom?

"Did you just call me 'sweetheart'?" I courageously asked and didn't mind what she said about flirting flirting. "Because I would probably jump out of joy if you did." I teased. My flirting skills is for Ms. Marcos only. I was in the middle of my panic attack that time but I'm a hundred percent sure I heard her say that.

She slightly scowled her forehead, "I didn't." she replied. There's a hint of denial on her voice. I lean on my back at the shelves, looking at her while crossing my arms.

"Sige na kasi, tell me na po." I enthused and flashed my smile. She glance at me and shook her head in disbelief.

"You're too comfortable, Ms. Ariella." She said with a low tone as we're in the library.

"Because you're letting me po." I tried to catch her eyes but she didn't even bother to look at me. Are you just trying to avoid me miss ma'am?

"Stop your flirtatious manner towards me, Ms. Ariella Hughes. It's not working." She refuted. How did she know I'm flirting with her? Is she some kind of clairvoyant person? Maybe I'm just a perceptible.

"How did you know?" I interrogate. Her eyes met mine, "papunta ka palang, pabalik na ako." I narrowed my eyebrow because of what she said. Was someone tried to flirt with her or have she tried to flirt with girl? Both, and it's valid because she's exquisite.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked and try to play it cool. She just smirk and slip her fingers to the books. How to be a book?

"I'm your teacher and you're my student. If you think na nakikisabay ako saiyo, you're wrong." Her facial expression went to serious. This is freaking confusing. How about her sweet gestures and words towards me? What was all about?

"But the way you care...for me." I controlled my voice not to make a noise. "It was all nothing. You shouldn't take everything seriously, Ariella." She answered and was about to leave but I hold her arm. My hand feel numb and my whole being can't take of what she have just said. It was all nothing. It's so painful that I forgot to cry, I was standing froze with my position while my hand is still on her arm.

"I'm convinced that the hardest language to speak for some people is the truth." I uttered before letting go of her arms and walk out the room.

______

To be continued..