C 16

"You are doing good, Ariella. You look beautiful. " Margaret smiled at me and look at my reflection in my vanity mirror.

I am having a hard time to choose what gown I should wear in our prom tonight as some of them were tight and some were very big for my size. Thankfully, my friends are here to help me to pick what they thought is suits for me.

"You guys could be a really good couple if only Ariella wasn't gay." Catherine giggled but we just gave her a sharp look.

Margaret handed me a black fitted glittering with a high slit on the side of gown.

"You think I'm gonna wear this one?" I asked with a dirty look at the gown in my hand.

"That's the last one, you can ask your mom to pick for you." Cath said while applying an eyeliner.

"It'll be so much worst." I mumbleb, no other choice but to wear this too revealing clothes.

After million years of preparing we headed down and bid goodbye to my mom.

"Enjoy, girls!" Mom bid as we walk through Margaret's car.

"You think she will be there?" I unconsciously asked them.

"Yes, for sure." Maggie replied as if she knows exactly who I'm talking about.

As soon as I stepped out from the car, I could see a lot of students wearing their glamorous gown with their on fleek make- ups.

"Is this a prom- or are we in the Met Gala?" Catherine seems talking on herself as she wander her eyes at the crowd.

"We should go inside, it'll start anytime soon." Margaret said to the both of us and held my hand as we walk through the red carpet in the entrance.

Most eyes were fix on us, I roamed my eyes only to see an elegant woman wearing her crimson red slacks and suit.

I could see how her eye balls, even from afar, traveled to my face down to my seductive gown. She diverted her gaze somewhere when she saw how Margaret's hand was locked on mine.

After a moment of exposure, we decided to settled down to our designated seat at the corner of the venue. I discreetly look around to look for her, the woman I want to stare for life.

"She's there, maduduling kana kakahanap sa kanya," Cath pointed her finger where she is. She was talking with Professor Mildred, again. I let out a soft groan and decided to keep my eyes at the stage to distract myself from a sudden jealousy. 

"You okay?" Maggie asked, I nodded.

After half an hour of waiting, the event start already and it is going smoothly.

"Supreme Students Officers planned this exciting part of the event that we will call 'The Chosen One'." The master of ceremonies excitingly announced, everyone laughed at the title he used The Chosen One.

"The students from seventh to twelfth grade voted to those candidates from First Class section, and whoever got the highest votes will be a queen and king of the night." Everyone applauded.

"What is he talking about?" I asked Margaret, curiously. Catherine was busy looking to some handsome guys next to our table.

"Catherine planned all of this because she wants you to put at the center of attention, in short she wants you to win, and I don't know where she got the confidence that it'll be successful, but sure, you will gonna win." Margaret wink at me and chuckled.

"What?!" I silently hissed and divert my attention to Catherine.

"Yes?" She said while her eyes wandering somewhere else.