Passing Notes

https://youtube.com/shorts/H5G2DuLo2kc?feature=share 

 Today's featured videos :3

The girl walked briskly through the school doors, checking her watch as she passed through the grand opening. She was almost late, as stopping in the alley had worn down her time significantly. She definitely didn't regret helping Ted but wished she hadn't heard about his thoughts on Wordgirl, as what he had said was still lingering in her mind, and she couldn't get the pit in her stomach to go away.

"Calling it close, aren't we?" Mrs. Davis laughed, standing up from her desk.

Becky smiled, continuing the path to her desk. before sitting down briskly. Her seat was directly next to both of her "best friends" who also were occupying a large portion of her mind. She felt her jaw clinching, and she knew the exact question they were about to ask her.

"Where were you?" Scoops asked quietly, sensing news.

"I was held up..."

"By hero business?"

Becky shot a "please stop" look at the boy. He was an awful whisperer and there were literally multiple villains within their class. Carefully she looked around at her classmates, reading each of their faces carefully, making sure they didn't hint at hearing Scoops' careless remark. Her heart paused as she noticed one boy, Tobey, observing her over the top of his book. 

He looked away upon realizing she had noticed his stare.

Becky narrowed her eyes before grabbing a pencil and notebook from her bag.

"Allright," Mrs. Davis announced, writing something down on the chalkboard at the front of her class. "Today we're going to be starting a partner project in class."

Becky smiled, looking over at Violet, but grew disappointed to see her looking at Scoops instead.

"You'll each be creating a booth for this year's science fair," She explained quickly. "It has to be about something we covered in class this year and you'll be using the entire class period today to think of an idea."

Becky watched as the students around her looked at each other with mutual understanding. Annoyance bubbled within her as she realized she was being left out by her friends again

Around her everyone started moving, pushing their desks so that they could be seated next to someone they considered a friend. However, Becky remained still, realizing that she didn't know anyone else very well.

Mrs. Davis noticed and took matters into her own hands, walking over to her desk with an awful solution. "Why don't you partner with Tobey?" She smiled, pointing towards the boy who sat alone in the corner.

 Upon hearing his name, he looked over with narrowed eyes.

Becky gave a fake smile, trying to behave as if everything was fine. "Okay." Partnering with Tobey was the last thing she wanted to do. His whole demeanor was obnoxious and hard to deal with, especially when she herself was already in a bad mood. "Hi, Tobey..." She grumbled, walking over to the boy only to sit in the empty desk next to him.

"Becky..." He regarded, uninterested.

The boy was deep into a book, reading as if his life depended on it. Becky leaned over to read the title, but it was obscured by his hand. If she had to guess it was probably about robots.

"So..." She started, already partially annoyed by his lack of interest. "Do you have any ideas?"

The boy rolled his eyes carelessly. "None that you would understand..."