Missing

~~Sorry for the super short chapter! I wanted to get straight into the fluff, but just needed to get this little section out of the way first. The next two chapters are going to be very fluffy!!! Thank you to everyone who has read this far!~~

As the bell rang, Becky looked around wildly for the boy.

Scoops was also searching for him, but only because he wanted to be right about their previous argument.

The girl knew that he would classify it as a win in his books if Tobey, for whatever reason, didn't attend school that day. He normally did show up late on occasion, but with each passing second Becky was growing worried that maybe he wasn't coming at all. Her hope was finally completely drained after Mrs. Davis began taking role. When she got to Tobey's name that class went silent and no one chimed in that he was there. The woman then made a red mark on the official looking sheet of paper, before moving on to the next name.

Scoops looked over mockingly at Becky who refused to look back. However, she did catch Violet elbowing him harshly in the ribs. That had made her giggle.

For the rest of the day, Becky couldn't get Tobey out of her mind. Where had he been today? He was acting weird last night, and now that he was missing from school it made her worry. Yes, they were enemies, but she never wanted anything bad to happen to him, especially after their conversation last night. For once she felt like someone understood her, a feat that not even her closest friends had accomplished.

"I need to talk to him..." She thought to herself, wanting nothing more than to know if he was being genuine or not. Becky scoured her brain for ideas, trying to think of a way to make sure she wasn't being used by what could be her former rival. She couldn't just wake him up with an army of robots like he had done to her... but maybe she could do something similar.

Becky smiled. She had a plan, but she would have to wait...