I'm Sorry

Tobey walked quietly through the streets, being careful to not come across any of Eradica’s many victims. He was heading North and walked briskly despite the journey being quite a short one.

 The boy sucked in a deep breath. It had been a long time since he had gone so long without his robots. Normally, he wouldn't walk without them, but due to needing to remain hidden he thought it best to bench them and not build any for this particular mission.

Becky tailed him closely, watching with a furious confusion as he made his way across town. She knew where he was going almost instantly, and she quickly flew to the forest clearing in order to surprise him there.

"Fancy meeting you here." She sighed as she noticed her boyfriend stepping near after waiting for a few minutes.

He frowned. "I woke you up with the door, didn't I…"

Becky nodded, allowing him to move next to her. Together the two sat peacefully above the ridge, taking in the world around them.

"Why did you want to come here by yourself?" Becky asked, looking over the horizon.

Tobey gulped. "I probably should have told you this the minute I found out…" he sighed and his face fell.

"Told me what?" Becky asked, her eyes widening in concern. Quickly she placed a hand against his shoulder, only causing him to feel guiltier.

"I-" he paused, trying to work up the courage to tell her the truth. She would hate him for this.

However, before he could speak the earth began to shake. Together the pair crumbled to the ground, and Tobey panicked as he watched his robot killer slide out of his pocket and down into the underbrush below.

Over the hill a figure could be seen, rising into the air with an inhuman elegance. A sickening mechanical whir could heard echoing throughout the large forest 

Without hesitation, Becky leapt to her feet, ready to take any necessary action to keep them safe.

Frozen, Tobey knew exactly who it was. 

Eradica.

He stumbled to stand back on his feet, knowing that neither of them stood a chance against the robot. He had put them directly into harm's way. Becky wasn't supposed to follow him here!!!

Eradica drew her gaze over the couple, her unblinking stare gritting deeply into their souls. 

Tobey shivered, wondering how he had managed to create such an awful being. He felt like shrinking away, but stood tall alongside Becky, not wanting to hurt her more than he already had.

However the girl was standing firmly beside him, looking angrily upon the robot with such an intense hatred that he felt their feud personal. 

"Well, well, well…" the woman clicked, somehow making her robotic voice sound snide. "Look who it is…the liar and the backstabber…" 

"Run." Tobey ordered, glancing over at his friend, horrified when she refused to move.

"I'm not leaving you." Shakily she grabbed onto his hand, never looking away from his creation once. 

"Please," the boy begged, dropping her arm. "I don't want to see you get hurt."

"She won't kill me."

"That's because you need to leave. I have the answers she wants."

"Oh my…" Eradica smiled, looking down on the pair's conflictions with sadistic glee. Her eyes landed on Tobey, brightening softly. "You don’t want her to hear?"