|Chapter 2|

|Diana's POV|

I was walking to the kindergarten when a Ferrari pulled over next to me, I continued walking ignoring the car as I don't know who's in it.

Then Emilio got out of it and called me.

"Diana!" He said, making me turn around facing him.

"Hello" I questioned, my confusion very clear.

"Come in, I'll give you a ride" He added as I frowned.

"Uh-there's no need, it's not that far from here, and I like walking" I replied, not wanting to go with him as I don't want anyone seeing us together and thinking that there's something between us, and I don't want anyone spreading fake rumors about me dating the Capo Di Capi.

"It's final, you're going with Nathaniel and I" He demanded calmly, yet there was a pinch of anger in the back of his voice.

"Listen here Mr. Martinelli, you are no one to order me around, I am not one of your whores to order around, so you better consider that every time you want to talk to me-oh, and just so you know, I'm not going to get into that car" I snapped angrily, my voiced laced with venom thoroughly.

"Feisty... I like it" I heard him say with a chuckle, before I continued walking to the kindergarten.

I was actually surprised that he didn't say anything disrespectful or even kill me, because I've heard stories that he's killed thousands of people for saying the slightest disrespectful words.

.........

"Good morning Mrs. Everett!" Nate exclaimed, running towards me as he hugged my legs tightly.

"Good morning, little guy!" I greeted him happily as I picked him up.

He pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why are you sad, hmm? You can tell me" I said, looking at him with an eye-to-eye smile to cheer him up.

"I'm not little, I'm a big guy now, look I even have muscles just like daddy!" He said, flexing his hands trying to show me his imaginary muscles.

"Wow, you really have muscles just like your daddy, I'm sure you're gonna be as strong as your daddy when you grow up, Nate" I replied, caressing his hair.

"He'll surely be-but I'm actually shocked that he let you call him Nate" Emilio said, coming from behind me.

"Why do you always appear out of nowhere like a ghost?" I questioned, holding my hand over my chest as he scared the shit out of me.

He laughed at me and put his hand in his pockets.

"By the way, what did you mean by him letting me call him Nate? Does he usually not like it when someone calls him Nate?" I asked him, waiting patiently for an answer as I did not understand.

"No, he only lets me call him Nate, he hates when anyone else calls him with that nickname, he says that daddy is only allowed to call him that" He explained what he meant, and I didn't expect that at all.

"Nathaniel, do you want me to stop calling you Nate?" I asked Nathaniel to know if he's uncomfortable with me giving him that nickname, because I don't want him to be uncomfortable.

"No, you can call me Nate," He replied, shocking Emilio and I.

"Well he definitely likes you very much, more than his grandparents, aunt, and uncle, because he threw a tantrum when they called him Nate" Emilio stated as I was a bit confused on why he would like me more than his relatives even when he has only known me for a day, but he's the only one who know the answer to my question and I guess the answer will be left unknown because I don't think I will ask him any time soon.

.........

"So now... we're gonna see what you all want to become when you grow up" I told the kids as they happily squealed, and raised their hands to answer.

"Firefighter"
"Policeman"
"Princess"
"Doctor"
"Pilot"
"CEO"
"Makeup artist"
"Barber"...

All the kids said what they want to become once they grow up except Nate; he was sitting on the table in the corner of the room with his head hung low, looking at his lap with a blank face.

"What about you Nathaniel, what do you want to become once you grow up?" I asked him softly, going towards him slowly.

"I-I want to become s-strong l-like d-daddy" He answered, stuttering with teary eyes.

I immediately went to him and picked him up and hugged him tightly.

"Mrs. Saray is gonna take care of you kids, and I will be back in a bit" I told the kids as I left the classroom with Nate in my arms, leaving them with Saray.

I took Nate to an empty classroom and sat down with him on my lap.

"Why are you sad, baby? Why are you crying? Did something happen?" I asked him, gently caressing his cheeks.

He didn't respond, and only tightened our already-tight hug and dug his face in the crook of my neck while sobbing and sniffing badly.

"Shh, don't cry, everything is okay, I'll always be here for you, okay? Don't cry, you can always tell me anything and I'll always be here for you" I stated, rubbing soothing circles on his back to calm him down.

"I-I just w-want a m-mother, that's a-all I w-want" He stuttered out, shattering me into a million pieces.

This little bundle of joy who everyone thinks has a perfect life because of how much money his father has and because of how spoiled he is, is the most broken little kid who only wants a mother's love which he never felt.

Tears started streaming down my face from how emotional he'd got me, I hugged him tighter if it was even possible and kissed his cheek and forehead multiple times.

"You want to go home, baby? Hm?" I asked him, wiping his tears with my thumbs as he nodded his head softly.

"Alright, I'll call your dad to come pick you up" I said, taking out my phone from my pocket and calling Emilio.

Emilio: What is it?
Me: Are you always this rude?
Emilio: hehe, sorry love I didn't look at the caller id, but do you need something? Did something happen to Nate?
Me: Don't call me love, and come pick up Nate.
Emilio: Why? Did something happen to him?
Me: He needs to go home, I'll tell you why once you get here, it can't be said over the phone.
Emilio: On my way.

He hung up the call just like that. Again! Is he always this rude, that he doesn't say hello nor goodbye?

"Your dad is on his way, but we have to inform the principal that your dad is going to pick you up so I don't get fired from my job" I said joyfully, tickling him a bit to make him smile.

"Hehhehe, s-s-stop!" He said, stuttering from laughter.

"There's that laugh!" I exclaimed, and stopped tickling him as I took him in my arms and went to the principal's office to tell her.

I may or may not have lied a bit to the principal and said that he had hurt his head and was crying badly and pleading for his dad, because I'm sure that if I'd told her that I called his father because he was crying for a mother, then she would have started screaming at me as she's very very strict.