|Chapter 9|

|Diana's POV|

"My step dad" I replied, head hung low, not daring to look at his eyes.

"Look.At.Me" He emphasized every word in a soft tone as he pulled off to the side of the highway.

I looked up, only to lock eyes with him, but I saw something in them I never saw before... Fear.

"What's his name? You either tell me or I'll get it" He enunciated in a threatening tone.

"Kane Di Carlo" I replied hesitantly, he groaned in anger and clenched his jaw, poking his right cheek with his tongue.

"That fucking bastard, I already knew that he was a fucking snake and a whore and a fucking rapist since the moment I fucking met him!" He hit the steering wheel.

"You know him?" I was shocked.

"He wanted to work for me, but I knew his intentions since the second I saw him, he wanted to rob me and I would never let that happen" He sighed deeply.

"My parents are divorced and once they divorced, my mom immediately dated Kane for his money and told my father that she wants me to live with her because I need a mother's love more than a father's, so he agreed, but then when Kane started losing all his money, she left him and sent me back to my father saying that she can't afford my expenses, and ever since I never heard from her again. But the big problem was that she knew that Kane raped me, and she only threatened me not to tell anyone or else she'll hurt my father and brother, so until now you're the first person to know about me getting raped, other than her and Kane, I didn't even tell Saray" I explained thoroughly as he sighed angrily.

"I'll take care of him, don't worry... we aren't going to Manhattan anymore, we'll sleep at my mansion in the hills, I'll call mom and tell her to take Nate home with her if she hasn't already" He said, making me sigh in relief and nod my head.

I was honestly very scared to go with him to Manhattan, and especially since tomorrow is the first day of March and from what I've heard and what Enzo said, he'll probably leave me there.

I've actually heard theories that Emilio is a ghost in March, no one is able to catch him, he goes on killing sprees daily, kills the innocent and guilty, he doesn't see nothing, he's just a monster, and no one knows the reason.

My thoughts were interrupted when he called his mother and put the call on speaker.

Emilio: Take Nathaniel home with you, Diana and I aren't coming back home tonight, we'll be sleeping at the hill mansion.
Malika: Alright, but take care son and don't do anything tomorrow, at least not when you're with her.
Emilio: I'll try not to.

"Can you at least tell me why everyone is complaining about tomorrow being the beginning of march, and that I'm with you so you shouldn't do anything?" I asked him, confused.

"I'll tell you everything once we get to the mansion -- I have to make a call now" He replied, as he then called another person and put it on speaker once again.

I think he puts all his calls on speaker because he's in the car, and by the way he drives I'm 100% sure that if he doesn't put the calls on speakers then he would have a million accidents a day.

Emilio: Where are you?
??: I am at the penthouse, boss.
Emilio: I want Kane Di Carlo in my basement by tomorrow morning maximum.
??: He's in the Middle East, boss, how are we supposed to get him here by tomorrow morning?
Emilio: That's your job, not mine.

He then hung up the call and looked at me, only to see me looking at him while shaking my head continuously.

"You won't do anything to him, Emilio, promise me" I verbalized as he shook his head.