|Chapter 17|

|Diana's POV|

My head hurts, my legs, my arms, and especially my lower stomach. Everything fuckng hurts!

I felt my eyes being droopy and heavy but I wanted to open them, I tried hard but I was only able to open them a millimeter or two.

But I saw a head on my upper stomach, almost on my breasts. I tried lifting my arm to shake them, but I was only able to get it to touch their hair which startled them as I felt them flinch under my touch.

I felt the head being talked off my stomach and I tried my hardest to open my eyes to get a glimpse of who it is, but I couldn't open them.

Instead of trying harder to open my eyes, I tried remembering what happened that made my whole body hurt so fucking bad, and thankfully I was able to.

I remembered Emilio going to get Nate back, and how I went to his mansion with the driver and waited for Malika and Ryden, and then the cars that started shooting, and when I got shot in my stomach and other places, I remembered everything.

It is all my fault, I should have told my men to stay outside the gates of the mansion for protection, but I fucking forgot to call them that day — wait, how long has it been since I have been out?

Ughh! All of this is making my headache worse, but when he started talking and saying sweet things, it made me calm down and start regretting and overthinking what I am about to do in a few days.

It was the first time I heard something or felt something in this state, I was not able to hear anything before. Hell, I didn't even know or remember what happened until a few seconds ago.

It hurt that he was blaming himself for what happened. It hurt when he talked about how he would die for me, live, kill, steal, and everything else. I really shouldn't be feeling like this, especially when I am about to do that in a few days, it is going to fucking hurt so much when it is done.

I tried my best to force my eyes open and I was able to do it quite quickly, but what I saw broke me to pieces. Emilio was shedding tears while looking down at his lap in sorrow.

I attempted to talk and luckily I was able to, but my throat was sore.

"It is not... your f-fault — I need w-water... please" My voice came out mostly muffled and hoarse due to the soreness of my throat.

I watched as his head shot up looking at me with wide tearful eyes. His eyes were red, and puffy as well as his nose, so I am sure that he had been silently crying even when he was talking.

"Y-you're awake!" He cried out in joy, as he hugged me tightly yet careful not to get near any of my wounds.

Before I got the chance to hug him back, he broke the hug and looked at me awkwardly before reaching out for the water bottle and handing it to me.

I took it from him almost instantly and gulped it all down real quick as I was dying from thirst.

As soon as I finished the water bottle, Ryden entered the room and the food tray fell down from his hands as his jaw hung open.

I felt bad for the food but they were thankfully wrapped with designed parchment paper so they were still edible.

"How long have I been out so that you guys are so shocked?!" I asked sarcastically, crossing my arms over my chest as I attempted to get up.

Keyword: attempted.

Emilio immediately stopped halfway through my attempt to get up to sit on the bed, and mumbled a demanding 'lay down'.

"You have been out for three days"
"I'm going to call the doctor"

Emilio and Ryden both said at the same time. Ryden went to call the doctor and Emilio got up to get the tray off the floor, meanwhile I was laying on the hospital bed in the hospital gown staring at the ceiling in shock.

Three day? I have been out for three fucking days?!

Oh fuck my life! He is going to be beyond mad; it was supposed to be done today, but I am sure that he already knows about what happened, but either way I will talk to him today and tell him to give me a few more days because it is risky to do it today.

I sighed at my thoughts in frustration which gained Emilio attention and he turned around with a confused face.

"Oh, it's nothing — by the way, did anything happen to Malika? Is she hurt? What about you?... oh and Nathaniel! What about him? Did you get him back? Please tell me you did! Is he okay? If he-" I got cut off by Emilio putting his hand over my mouth to shush me.

"Take a deep breath and calm down. Nothing happened to mom, it was just a small scratch and she isn't hurt, I am not hurt, and we got Nate back, and he isn't hurt, he is just at home. By the way, Saray, mom, and Nathaniel have been visiting you everyday for the last three day, while Ryden and I never left you. And do not worry, your father doesn't know anything. When he called Ryden too ask him if he got to see you since he is in Italy, Ryden just told him that the both of you have been too busy with work and aren't able to see each other at the moment" Emilio explained thoroughly, making me calm down while taking deep breaths.

"I am really thankful for everyone for taking care of me and staying with me, but. I have a question though; how do you know Ryden? How did Malika know him?" I questioned suspiciously. I already have a hint of what his answer is going to be, but I am praying to god that it isn't what I am thinking it is.

"He... actually-" Emilio got cut off by Ryden answering.

"I work for him — I have been working for him for the past four years" In the exact second those words escaped his lips, I was already in front of him with my palm netting his cheek, slapping him hard.

*********
Hello,
Well this isn't quite the cliffhanger, but I wanted to let you guys have some happy time before the bomb explodes, so y'all should thank me.
Anyways, thank you for 19.5k+ reads.
Aaaaand, happy 3 months of King Of Hell. It has been three months since I published KOH and i cannot believe that it already has nearly 20k reads. It has been an amazing journey with you guys.
Thank you all so much for reading, and do not forget to vote, comment, and follow, love you♥️.