1.8 | 8th of November

Capítulo V- El 8 de noviembre

     Atsuki pinched the chopstick in her hand to pick up the leftover sushi she found in the refrigerator. She was sure it was Gojou's but she didn't care, it was payback for setting Principal Yaga's cursed corpse to a higher level yesterday. Especially since Gojou said she didn't need it anymore but still showed up with it anyway. She stopped chewing feeling a swift breeze wisping her wavy hair. She swallowed the food and looked to the right where the breeze came from, nothing was there.

     "Happy birthday, Atsuki!" Gojou shouted behind her.

     Atsuki screamed and jumped out of her chair. Gojou had a bright smile on his face with his hands in the air. "I could've choked on my food."

     "I made sure you didn't. Why do you think I didn't tell you happy birthday at the door?"

     Atsuki set the chopsticks on the table. "How'd you know it was my birthday?"

      "I know more than you think. My six eyes show me everything."

     "Yeah, right. How'd you find out."

     "You were part of the circus, your information is all over the internet. There's an article just about you and your interview with the reporter. It was like reading a book about your life."

     "That interview was fake. I lied about everything, my life isn't as interesting as I made it seem."

     "Did you lie about your birthday, too?"

     "No. That was one of the true things there. There's no reason to lie about my birthday."

     "Then, why didn't you tell me?"

     "I don't like my birthday. It's an annual reminder of how much I struggle to maintain myself."

     "Yeesh, that sounds depressing," he mumbled. All Atsuki did was scowl. "Well, now, we're gonna spend it together on a shopping spree! Yay!" He hopped up and down, throwing his hands in the air, "Yay!"

     "No, I can't spend your money like that," she shook her head.

     "But it's your birthday. You get special treatment."

     "Don't you have a class to teach?"

     "I gave them the day off just for you."

     "But stores don't have anything I wear 'cause I make all of my clothes," Atsuki gave her last excuse. She never had anyone spend money on her and Gojou using his money to buy her food was enough, she didn't want to waste more.

     Gojou grinned, "Then we'll go buy materials!"

     Atsuki sighed, there was no way out of this situation. She didn't want to be mean and snap at him after what he's done for her and offered to do. "Okay, fine. Let me finish eating and get ready."